Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

station16

Post Loop and excerpt issue

station16    1
station16

In my current Pagelines sites, I can have the blog set on magazine format showing one or 2 posts at full width and then the rest tile the page showing only the title, and excerpt and a more link. In a new DMS site the blog can still do a magazine layout, but the smaller, older posts are still showing the full post, plus you can show the excerpt. Why would you show an excerpt and still show the full post along with the excerpt. I would prefer the previous method of showing excerpts of older posts so readers can have more to choose from instead of having them scroll through each post. 

How that this be customized?

thanks,

-brenton

Danny    1,327
Danny

Hi,

Can you provide a link to your site please and also make sure DMS Debug is enabled - DMS Toolbar > Settings > Advanced.

Please search our forums, before posting!

• Similar Content

• Timothy
      By Timothy+
      I'm trying to find a way to display the full content of my posts on my posts page rather than the post excerpt. 
      I've tried using various plugins to create a custom excerpt with no success, so I'm guessing I'll need to make the change to the theme files. That being said I'm not able to find where I would make that change. In the past I've been able to replace <?php the_excerpt(); ?> with <?php the_content(); ?>, but I'm unable to locate this in the framework theme? Am I missing something here?
    • PeriniNero
      By PeriniNero+
      We are building a Custom Post Type with Custom Fields and Custom Taxonomies.
      The only thing we dont understand is how to embed the Custom Fields including header tags and stuff in the Postloop (now we use a text-box below the postloop section but also SEO wise this is not best pratice).
      So we thought to copy the dms Postloop section to our child theme and rename this, to add an extra Postloop section to our theme. Is this the way?
      What exactly to adjust in those 3 files class.posts.php, section.php and style.less (at this point we know how to change the thumb LOL) and where to add the Custom Fields shortcodes?
      Thanks.
    • Janardan
      By Janardan+
      How to remove/hide excerpt text from pinspro sidebar?
    • sruehle
      By sruehle+
      Hey there,
      I hope that this questions doesn´t come up every day:
      I´d like to set up a sub-page that contains my blog (http://www.finmeetstech.com/blog/). When I am adding posts to this page, they always show as excerpt with a read more button that links to an other page, at which the full post content can be viewed. However, I would like to either have the whole blog content on the first page (http://www.finmeetstech.com/blog/) or to change the functionality of the read more button, so that it is toggling the full content instead of loading a new page. 
      I already selected
        For each article in a feed, show Full text

but it didn´t work.
      I am using DMS with the voyant child theme. I hope that you can help me with this. Moreover, I should add that I am not really confident in editing any php files. 
      Thank you in advance. 
    • morrisjohnc
      By morrisjohnc
      Hello,

My blog has two separate types of post content, both of which need to be created as posts, not pages, in WP.

On the category pages, Bespoke pulls the featured image and the 10 word excerpt (or whatever is provided for in the excerpts post field).  How can I get certain categories to show the full content of a post and others this standard format with the "read more" button?

Question 2 - Is it possible to have different templates for different category listing pages?  Example, use the postloop for one category and the masonic gallery for another?

Thank you in advance for your help!