Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

micstepl

suddenly: loosing content + loosing CSS + a hanging editor

micstepl

I can confirm several issues form other users

- some of my custom CSS also suddenly stopped working

- content of Text Boxes disappears upon save

- global content of sections suddenly disappeared

- editor gets dramatically slow, week by week

.... This without any hands on, except storing a picture in a section.

I refer to other, following posts

http://forum.pagelines.com/topic/31405-text-in-text-box-disappears-from-editor/

http://forum.pagelines.com/topic/32689-templates-not-propagating-vanishing-items-and-css-not-updating/

- forum.pagelines.com/topic/29866-dms-too-heavy-for-server-memory/

Following several posts in forum > I did following tests ... without result

• disabled all my plugIns >>> no change
  • checket memors by Pro PugIn >>> received Error Message (see below***) 
  • upgraded PHP to 5.5 >>> no change
  • also reset DMS >>> did never help
  • also Reste Browser Coache >>> did not help
  • updated to 1.1.6 >>> no change
  • did all procedures above again >>> no change
  •  

Some CSS-code suddenly does neither work

• from Custom CSS
  • from style.css  in my child theme

What happend in "Editor Mode"

• sometimes when I open the Edit mode first
  • the site is corrupt (only, text + raw images ... but no formating)
  • when I reload - everything is fine

What happend to CSS (history of last weeks)

• I had already some Indikation that CSS had a problem some days ago
  • when enbterign a code in "Custom CSS" the code did not work
  • when entring it in "style.css it worked

also the "save section issue"

• no save in sections
  • when clicking outside the box > it works (sse other post describing theis)

Loosing content in text-boxes

• on save >>> nothing saves
  • suddenly in global sections text is lost (without touching them)

DMS is suddenly sooooooo slow

• lazy loading , or stuck
  • I need to quitt Chrome 
  • erstarrt >>> first action most works, further often not any more
  • need to start all over

I do need urgent help 

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 41943041 bytes) in /home/.sites/0/site1389/web/xxx/yyy/wp-content/plugins/dms-plugin-pro/libs/class.memtest.php on line 18

Ram test Results: 64169Kb or approx 63Mb

micstepl

another comment & my feeling: It seems to me that the saving process of DMS is the buggy problem. DMS seems to save, or sometines just rise an infernal flag that something is saved - but mit really than from the data perspektive. A timing / hanging  process of DMS editos seems to be involved in the issue described.

maybe my Intuition helps :)

greenfly

Do you have a link to your site where we can see this issue happening? Also could you enable pagelines Debug in Site Settings > advanced please? 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

micstepl

Do you have a link to your site where we can see this issue happening? Also could you enable pagelines Debug in Site Settings > advanced please? 

stmconsult.net

greenfly

Have you enabled PageLines debug? i cannot access the debug information 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

micstepl

Have you enabled PageLines debug? i cannot access the debug information 

yes

greenfly

Hi @micstepl 

Thank you for enabling PageLInes debug - you can see your debug information here http://www.stmconsult.net/?pldebug=1

Could you create an admin account for your wordpress site and send the credentials to hello at pagelines dot com and we can jump on your site and take a look for you further. 

greenfly

First thing i noticed is that there are some errors in your custom CSS. 

Try running your css through the CSS validator here to see where the errors lie - http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/

For example at the end of your css you have the following 

‚,ding-top: 0px;
}}

James B

Hi there, this message you've pasted at the bottom is showing that the site is exhausting php memory which will relate to the editor becoming slow and dropping out.

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 41943041 bytes) in /home/.sites/0/site1389/web/xxx/yyy/wp-content/plugins/dms-plugin-pro/libs/class.memtest.php on line 18

Ram test Results: 64169Kb or approx 63Mb

To raise your php memory, you can sometimes edit the wp-config, but if the host has restrictions in place you'll need to ask them to raise the limit. See http://docs.pagelines.com/support-troubleshooting/memory-allocation-error which has the code snippet you can copy/paste into the wp-config to try this method first.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B