Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

zmktwzrd

Text box Attributes

zmktwzrd

Whooooo, must say I'm more than a bit frustrated..........Some of the simplest things seem so complicated, and if anyone wants to know if I have taken 94 hours (or whatever) to read all the documentation first the answer is no. I tend to find I am only able to work well with products designed intuitively enough that common sense allows me to figure them out, my time seems too valuable otherwise. 

So hopefully we can start with a real complicated one here.

How do I change the color of the text in a text box?

(yep, could not figure that zinger out for the life of me) PS I am an award winning software developer...

Attached is a screen shot of the options I have when I choose to edit the text box,,,,,,,,If the answer is that I need to change the styling classes, then please tell me where I must have missed the easy to use list of codes for this (I don't know styling class language, so I need a reference guide).....I may not know exactly what I want till I play with it, so a nice reference of what options I have an exactly how to code them or type them into that box is needed......For example, I'd like the title to be blue and in italics, in other editors I just click on a blue colored square and then click on the italics icon, how (specifically and exactly) would I do that here?

Danny

Hi,

To change specific text to be a specific style or color you're going to need to use custom CSS/LESS and HTML.

If you want to have your text italic, the simplest method would be to use the HTML tag <em> for example:

<h1><em>Hello World!</em></h1>

If you want to have different color text, you will need to use custom CSS and then apply the classe names to your HTML For example, lets say you want your header (h1) text to be italic and have the color red:

First add the following to your custom CSS/LESS (these colors are examples, you can have whatever color you like).

.red-text { color: BD362F; }
.blue-text { color: 0055CC; }
.green-text { color: 51A351; }
.yellow-text { color: FFC40D; }
.orange-text { color: F89406; }
.purple-text { color: 7A43B6; }

Now add one one of those classes to your HTML.

<h1 class="red-text"><em>Hello World!</em></h1>

This will give your header (h1) text the color red and will be italic.

The custom CSS I provided above, is taken from our documentation albeit slightly modified. Therefore, I recommend you take the time to read our documentation, which I have linked below, I have also linked you to the W3Schools website, which has all the HTML tags for things such as bold, italic etc...

Please search our forums, before posting!

zmktwzrd

Thank you Danny.............I was having a bit of a bad night when I wrote that ;)

At the risk of further irritation (and in case its meaningful to you guys) I will honestly say that the line between whether this is a developer or non-developer tool is getting blurrier to me......Having to code HTML just to change a font color seems a pretty far leap from a non-developer user friendly tool......I can do this, however, both my Dad and wife want to build websites and they would have likely tossed in the towel at this point. Maybe they are not your target market (I don't know), but figured I add my 2 cents.....

Thanks again

Danny

Thanks for the feedback, we definitely take all feedback into consideration. I will make a not of this and add something to the docs, providing the code to change the text color via the Style Classes field which is in most sections.

Please search our forums, before posting!