Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MWalsh

Using sections from another theme?

MWalsh

I am currently using the Flatten theme and love it, but I was wondering if there was a way I could upload sections to my dms from another theme a free or bought one while keeping the flatten theme?

Danny

Hi,

The Flatten theme is a third party child theme for DMS, so you will need to contact the developer of Flatten and see if this is allowed and/or possible, as the sections maybe theme specific.

Usually, you can simply download the theme, extract the .zip and then copy the themes sections folders to your DMS child theme sections folder. Then in DMS, click the Reload sections button, these sections should now appear there.

Please search our forums, before posting!

Danny

No problem.

MWalsh

I extracted the socialbar section from headlines theme and tried uploading it through plug-ins, but it failed is there another way to upload?

Danny

Do I said in my previous post, extract the zip and copy the sections folder to your child themes folder. When I say copy, I mean upload via FTP.

James B

Glad you've resolved. Thank you for updating the thread.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B