Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KimAnn03

BuddyPress compatibility

KimAnn03

Hi there,

DMS claims to be buddypress compatible but not only am i finding that it is like swimming upstream in rough waters to get the basics to work, but when i ask for help either nobody on the forums responds or am told to go to buddypress for support (I am developing 3 different sites and you guys are always great at responding to questions here on the forum so to not hear from anybody about buddypress seems to mean you don;t have the answers?).

I've added buddypress.php to
/devwork.thinkwithyourheart.com/wp-content/themes/dms
That seems to solve the BP issue for pages like Members and Activity.
But member profile pages are 404.
the forums don't work properly.
Even if I did track down fixes for these issues I suspect more will arise.
Being an early adopter of DMS + BP + bbPress seems to be causing more trouble than I can handle. SO MY QUESTIONS FOR YOU ARE:

1. Are there any fixes on the horizon for BuddyPress/DMS?bbpress compatibility?

2. If not can I get my money back for DMS as I bought a full year of it. Thing is the reason I bought DMS in the first place was because buddypress 1.9 was proving glitchy with Pagelines Framework. I was told no more support for BP + Pagelines was offered as the focus for pagelines advancement switched over to DMS. SO I upgraded to DMS to keep the integration up to date and support active for my buddypress functionality. LONG STORY SHORT- Neither pagelines framework NOR DMS are compatible with the new buddypress.

Please advise how I could move forward. THis is for domain:

thinkwithyourheart.com

Optimystic2 username

James B

Hi there, I've not seen any posts relating to buddypress from you recently which were related to buddypress. If you do find there's not been a response to a post please always update it after a day and it will go back up the queue so a member of the team can catch it if it was missed the first time.

I've checked the bug tracker, it looks like the core team are aware with Buddypress issues and fixes for these have been placed in the upcoming 1.2 release, at the current time these fixes look like they're still being tested so we can't rule out 100% that everything will be corrected as of that update, but as things crop up they'll be able to address. See https://github.com/pagelines/DMS/issues/493 for more info or to follow the thread.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

KimAnn03
James B any relative idea when 1.2 will be released?

KimAnn03

Also James B here is the unresponded to BP forum question though I did find the answer.

http://forum.pagelines.com/topic/32513-buddypress-pages/?hl=buddypress

Also wondering if the 1.2 upgrade is going to handle buddypress and bbpress issues in such a way that it will be compatible out of the box and won't need all these extra coding secrets just to get it to work? Seems like so far everything has been a real bandaid when the real trouble is that DMS is not truely BuddyPress compatible.

Our site has many integrated parts so to hardcode something ot work is always an eventual headache.

Thanks would appreciate any insight.

Danny

BuddyPress and bbPress to my knowledge will out of the box with DMS 1.2, as the loop section has been changed to support them.

Please search our forums, before posting!