Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dbrowne02

website is broken outside of DMS editor

dbrowne02

Hi, 

My website, which has been up and functioning very well for time, only displays correctly when viewing in the DMS Editor. When logged out of WordPress and viewing my site, really weird stuff is happening. For example, when viewing site when logged out of the DMS editor, the correct page isn't displaying. For example, http://brownelaborlaw.com/practice-areas/california-race-discrimination-lawyers/ should show a page for race discrimination. It shows the race discrimination page within the DMS editor, but when logged out, it shows the age discrimination page. This is happening on most pages throughout the site when logged out of DMS editor. 

By way of background, the only thing that I did today was change the text on masthead headers on pages throughout my site. After making these changes, website started doing this weird thing. Not sure what to do. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

David

dbrowne02

Quick update, I emptied the page cache, now most (if not all) pages are displaying the "Practice Areas" page when outside of the DMS editor. Really weird. Any help is greatly appreciated. 

Thanks!

dbrowne02

One more quick update. I was able to fix this issue, but I had to disable DMS Professional tools in order for pages to display where they've always displayed. Does anyone have any ideas why this would have happened? Also, I found that Professional Tools helped my site's performance. I would like to re-enable it. Thanks for any advice you all may have.

Thanks

James B

What options do you have enabled inside the pro tools plugin? If you have any form of cache plugin active on the site it will be showing a previously saved version of the page, so you'd have to clear and flush the cache inside the plugin and inside DMS via the settings>resets>flush Less/css option to make sure you've reset everything and are seeing the live page.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

dbrowne02

Hi James, 

Thanks for your reply. The options I had enabled inside the pro tools plugin were enable css classes, enable CDN pullzone (I use netdna), section cache, search, and lazy load. I have tried every combination of options, and I still get the same error (I tried just having lazy load enabled, that didn't work). I have disabled the plugin for now. But I would like to use it in the future--I've used it in the past and it has helped the site. 

I have been resetting everything. But with pro tools enabled I see a live page that is not the correct page. For example, when I just tried enabling it again, the "contact" page had the correct layout and correct address, but the content of that page was my age discrimination page. Basically, something decided to place the content of the "age discrimination" page where the contact form should go. In fact, on the most recent try the "age discrimination" page content was placed on a bunch of different pages-- the contact form page, the lawyers page, and the about us page. Really strange stuff. 

Do you have any ideas of what may be going on here?

Thanks,

David

andylemay

Hi James,

I have the same problem.  The correct URL's shows but the page content is from a different page.  It looks like something to do with templates.  e.g. A page from a template set is shown even if you point to another page that uses that template.

DMS editor show the right content but normal browser doesn't

Disabling DMS pro tools plugin fixes the site.  So I...

Uninstalled the plug in.

Installed an earlier version of DMS Pro tools 1.4.1

Site now works.

Thanks Andy

dbrowne02

Andy,

Thanks for writing. In a way it's reassuring that someone else was having the exact same bizarre problem. Where did you find the earlier version of DMS Pro Tools?

Does anyone know why this was happening? I don't check my site all the time and am concerned about content not being matched to the right the page. It was really scary seeing that.

Thanks,

David

Danny

dbrowne02

I have just viewed the page you mentioned in your original post and I am seeing what appears to be the correct info - http://cl.ly/image/3u1g2E1O2P0C

The issue for you is likely due to you having W3 Total Cache installed and not configured correctly. Cache plugins require configuration to match your servers environment, you can't simply install, activate, they need configuring correctly.

I bet if you clear the plugins cache, disable it, your problem will be resolved.

Please search our forums, before posting!

andylemay

Hi David,

Have attached 1.4.1 which I downloaded from the pagelines site a few months ago.

Hope this works for you!

Andy

Danny,

I don't have any Cache plugins activated and everything works fine in DMS tools Pro 1.4.1

Danny

andylemay - So your issue come from what version of DMS Pro tools ?

andylemay

Hi Danny,

The latest 1.4.6

Andy

dbrowne02

Hi Danny,

Thanks for your reply. The website pages have all worked fine since I disabled pro tools, so I'm glad you saw the correct page! I have had w3tc installed  with the same settings for a year and a half, and it was configured to work well with my CDN. There had been no issues until recently, it worked well with the CDN and pro tools. I never changed the w3tc settings.

You say "I bet if you clear the plugins cache, disable it, your problem will be resolved." Are you suggesting not using w3tc at all, or are you saying I should clear cache, disable, and then re-enable it? 

Andy--Thanks for the earlier version of pro tools. I'll see if that works.

Thanks,

David

andylemay

Hi David,

DMS Pro tools 1.4.1 causes problems for the post pins plug in.  Details here http://forum.pagelines.com/topic/30985-post-pins-loading-same-posts/?hl=post+pins

I have disabled DMS Pro Tools at the moment until this is fixed.

Below is my full list of plug-in's 

Thanks Andy

Advanced Post Types Order

Order Post Types Objects using a Drag and Drop Sortable javascript capability

Version 2.5.9.6 | By Nsp Code | Visit plugin site
Select Akismet Akismet

Used by millions, Akismet is quite possibly the best way in the world to protect your blog from comment and trackback spam. It keeps your site protected from spam even while you sleep. To get started: 1) Click the "Activate" link to the left of this description, 2) Sign up for an Akismet API key, and 3) Go to your Akismet configuration page, and save your API key.

Version 2.5.9 | By Automattic | Visit plugin site
Select All-in-One Event Calendar by Timely All-in-One Event Calendar by Timely

A calendar system with posterboard, month, week, day, agenda views, upcoming events widget, color-coded categories, recurrence, and import/export of .ics feeds.

Version 1.10.9-standard | By Timely Network Inc | Visit plugin site | Donate | Get Support
Select Classy Classy

A collection of utility and design classes making custom css a thing of the past.

Version 1.0 | By Nick Haskins | Visit plugin site
Select Cool Carousel PL Section Cool Carousel PL Section

A responsive carousel/slider with left, right, up, down, or fade transition, customizable number of slides displayed at once, customizable number of slides to advance, auto play option, timing intervals, and many more carousel-by-carousel options. Utilizes custom post types so you can easily modify the order, add a single slide to multiple carousels, store drafts, and more.

Select DMS Professional Tools DMS Professional Tools

Pro member code and utilities for PageLines DMS.

Version 1.4.1 | By PageLines | Visit plugin site
There is a new version of DMS Professional Tools available. View version 1.4.6 details or update now.
Select Duplicator Duplicator

Create a backup of your WordPress files and database. Duplicate and move an entire site from one location to another in a few steps. Create a full snapshot of your site at any point in time.

Version 0.5.1 | By LifeInTheGrid | Visit plugin site
Select Google Analytics for WordPress Google Analytics for WordPress

This plugin makes it simple to add Google Analytics to your WordPress blog, adding lots of features, eg. custom variables and automatic clickout and download tracking.

Version 4.3.5 | By Joost de Valk | Visit plugin site
Select Jetpack by WordPress.com Jetpack by WordPress.com

Bring the power of the WordPress.com cloud to your self-hosted WordPress. Jetpack enables you to connect your blog to a WordPress.com account to use the powerful features normally only available to WordPress.com users.

Version 2.8 | By Automattic | Visit plugin site
Select Justified Image Grid Justified Image Grid

Aligns your images into a Flickr / Google style thumbnail-grid gallery

Version 1.5.1 | By Firsh | Visit plugin site
Select Out Of The MediaBox Out Of The MediaBox

Gives ability to add a text hover overlay to an image. Based on PageLines Media Box Component.

Version 2.0.0 | By Kyle & Irving
Select P3 (Plugin Performance Profiler) P3 (Plugin Performance Profiler)

See which plugins are slowing down your site. Create a profile of your WordPress site's plugins' performance by measuring their impact on your site's load time.

Version 1.4.1 | By GoDaddy.com | Visit plugin site
Select PostPins PostPins

A continuous list of post 'pins', inspired by Pinterest. Loaded dynamically and arranged organically.

Version 1.5 | By PageLines
Select Regenerate Thumbnails Regenerate Thumbnails

Allows you to regenerate all thumbnails after changing the thumbnail sizes.

Version 2.2.4 | By Viper007Bond | Visit plugin site
Select Sidebar Manager Light Sidebar Manager Light

Create custom sidebars (widget areas) and replace any existing sidebar so you can display relevant content on different pages.

Version 1.7 | By OTWthemes.com | Visit plugin site
Select Tabtastic Tabtastic

A simple section that creates text that sizes to fit the container, and is responsive which means it scales with different size browsers.

Version 1.0.5 | By elSue
Select Testimonials Lud DMS Testimonials Lud DMS

Testimonials Lud for DMS

Version 3.1 | By bestrag
Select TinyMCE Advanced TinyMCE Advanced

Enables advanced features and plugins in TinyMCE, the visual editor in WordPress.

Version 3.5.9.1 | By Andrew Ozz | Visit plugin site
Select UberMenu 2 - WordPress Mega Menu Plugin UberMenu 2 - WordPress Mega Menu Plugin

Create highly customizable Mega Menus through an easy-to-use WordPress Plugin. Please be sure to follow the installation instructions precisely.

Select UberMenu Adapter UberMenu Adapter

An adapter section for the UberMenu Mega Menu plugin. Requires separate purchase of UberMenu.

Version 1.0 | By SevenSpark
Select uSquare uSquare

HTML grid for items

Version 1.6.5 | By br0 | Visit plugin site
Select WooCommerce WooCommerce

An e-commerce toolkit that helps you sell anything. Beautifully.

Version 2.0.20 | By WooThemes | Visit plugin site
Select WooCommerce Admin Bar Addition WooCommerce Admin Bar Addition

This plugin adds useful admin links and resources for the WooCommerce Shop Plugin to the WordPress Toolbar / Admin Bar.

Select WooCommerce Custom Product Tabs Lite WooCommerce Custom Product Tabs Lite

Extends WooCommerce to add a custom product view page tab

Version 1.2.5 | By SkyVerge | Visit plugin site
Select WooCommerce Email Validation WooCommerce Email Validation

Adds a 'confirm email address' field to the WooCommerce checkout page.

Version 1.2.2 | By Hugh Lashbrooke | Visit plugin site
Select WooCommerce Grid / List toggle WooCommerce Grid / List toggle

Adds a grid/list view toggle to product archives

Version 0.3.4 | By jameskoster | Visit plugin site
Select WooCommerce Menu Cart WooCommerce Menu Cart

Woocommerce plugin that places a cart icon with number of items and total cost in the menu bar. Activate the plugin, set your options and you're ready to go! Will automatically conform to your theme styles.

Select WooCommerce PayFast Gateway WooCommerce PayFast Gateway

A payment gateway for South African payment system, PayFast.

Version 1.2.5 | By WooThemes | Visit plugin site
Select WooCommerce Product Archive Customiser WooCommerce Product Archive Customiser

Allows you to customise WooCommerce product archives. Change the number of product columns and the number of products displayed per page. Toggle the display of core elements and enable some that are not included in WooCommerce core such as stock levels and product categories.

Version 0.2.0 | By jameskoster | Visit plugin site
Select WooCommerce Product Details Customiser WooCommerce Product Details Customiser

Allows you to customise WooCommerce product details pages. Show / Hide core components like product imagery, tabs, upsells and related products.

Version 0.1 | By jameskoster | Visit plugin site
Select WooCommerce Smart Sale Badge WooCommerce Smart Sale Badge

Enhances the WooCommerce sale badge by displaying the total saving a customer will receive

Version 1.0 | By Hugh Lashbrooke | Visit plugin site
Select WooThemes Helper WooThemes Helper

Hi there. I'm here to help you manage licenses for your WooThemes products, as well as help out when you need a guiding hand.

Version 1.2.2 | By WooThemes | Visit plugin site
Select Wordfence Security Wordfence Security

Wordfence Security - Anti-virus, Firewall and real-time WordPress security Network

Version 4.0.3 | By Mark Maunder | Visit plugin site
Select WordPress Importer WordPress Importer

Import posts, pages, comments, custom fields, categories, tags and more from a WordPress export file.

Version 0.6.1 | By wordpressdotorg | Visit plugin site
Select WordPress SEO WordPress SEO

The first true all-in-one SEO solution for WordPress, including on-page content analysis, XML sitemaps and much more.

Version 1.4.24 | By Joost de Valk | Visit plugin site
Select WP Float WP Float

Add a fixed/float text,image or HTML to WordPress

Version 1.7 | By Sam Hagin | Visit plugin site
Select WP Maintenance Mode WP Maintenance Mode

The plugin adds a splash page to your blog that lets visitors know your blog is down for maintenance. Logged in users get full access to the blog including the front-end, depends of the settings.

Version 1.8.11 | By Frank Bültge | Visit plugin site
Select WP Super Cache WP Super Cache

Danny

I must say you have a lot of plugins active, did you try keeping DMS Pro Tools active and disabling the rest ? Did the issue persist ?

andylemay
Hi Danny,

It would be great if DMS would include much of the functionality I have to use plug-in's for.  Not sure I can really remove any of them at the moment.

This is the active list.  The bold ones are needed for DMS functionality.

• Advanced Post Types Order
  • Akismet
  • All-in-One Event Calendar by Timely
  • Classy
  • Cool Carousel PL Section
  • Google Analytics for WordPress
  • Jetpack by WordPress.com
  • Out Of The MediaBox
  • P3 (Plugin Performance Profiler)
  • PostPins
  • Sidebar Manager Light
  • Tabtastic
  • TinyMCE Advanced
  • UberMenu 2 - WordPress Mega Menu Plugin
  • UberMenu Adapter
  • WooCommerce
  • WooCommerce Custom Product Tabs Lite
  • WooCommerce Email Validation
  • WooCommerce Grid / List toggle
  • WooCommerce Menu Cart
  • WooCommerce Product Archive Customiser
  • WooCommerce Product Details Customiser
  • Wordfence Security
  • WordPress SEO

Andy

alisamski

Enabling ONLY the CSS classes checkbox on top worked for me.

James B

dbrowne02 Danny means clear the cache and deactivate to test, then once all showing as correct, re-activate.

I've checked the changelog and after 1.4.1 the following was added. So that could have something to do with the fact you see a different version as the cdn is turned off when the editor is on by the looks of that line in the changelog. Let us know if you do have a different result with 1.4.1 and we'll refer it to the dev team.

• 1.4.2 Disable CDN if editor active.

Also if you remove the CDN pull zone from the Pro Tools area temporarily, save and then retest, do you get a different result. Just wondering if additional settings are being saved by the CDN.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

dbrowne02

Hi James,

Thanks for your note. I tried removing the CDN pull zone from the Pro Tools area temporarily, and got the same result (I tried that a few days ago, I tried every combination within the Pro Tools, no matter which options were or were not enabled, nothing worked).  I haven't tested 1.4.1 yet. I will do so and let you know what happens.

@andylemay  -- I don't have the post tools plugin on my site, so I'm not sure that's the issue, at least for me!

I contacted my CDN about this issue to see if they could help. They were unable to help. The CDN mentioned that Pagelines DMS may need different settings enabled in w3tc in order to work the right way (vs. other themes/platforms). I am fairly confident that my w3tc is set up in a way that will work great with DMS, pro tools, and the CDN (it's worked fantastic up until now), but it couldn't hurt to look over a best practices document for setting up these things together. Does something like that exist? 

I'll report back on Pro tools 1.4.1.

Thanks everyone for your help getting this sorted out.

Thanks,

David

andylemay

Just tried DMS tools 1.4.7

Seems to work and fix the post pins and links issue.  :-)

Andy

Danny

Thanks for informing us the issue has been resolved.

andylemay

Hi Danny,

Problem is back again with 1.4.8!  Have had to disable it again.

Andy

• Similar Content

• TJ Bawa
      By TJ Bawa+
      DMS Editor is not loading. I have tried using different browsers and also have cleared my browser cache, but still no luck. 
      Please find screenshotattached. 
      Thanks in advance! 

• Toolshed
      By Toolshed+
      Hello - I'm a registered Pagelines user. I tried to load my website today (toolshed.biz) in the DMS editor and received a message that the page was having trouble loading. I rarely make changes to my website so this was unexpected. I followed your support suggestions and checked for javascript errors using Chrome - when trying to load the page, it showed the following
      jquery-migrate.min.js:2 JQMIGRATE: Migrate is installed, version 1.4.1
      pl.editor.js?ver=16e8ee:740 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'lang' of undefined
          at Object.reloadConfig (pl.editor.js?ver=16e8ee:740)
          at Object.startUp (pl.editor.js?ver=16e8ee:72)
          at HTMLDocument.<anonymous> (pl.editor.js?ver=16e8ee:10)
          at i (jquery.js:2)
          at Object.fireWith [as resolveWith] (jquery.js:2)
          at Function.ready (jquery.js:2)
          at HTMLDocument.K (jquery.js:2)
      303toolshed.biz/:1 Error in event handler for (unknown): TypeError: Cannot read property 'tab' of undefined
          at chrome-extension://kamiaabbnpncbobdiblhfogafnoefkae/contentscript.js:38:28
      I deactivated all my plug-ins prior to doing this except for:
      Pagelines Platform 5 v5.0.126
      Pagelines updater v. 1.2.9
      I'm not an expert coder or web developer, not really sure what this all means. Not sure what JQMIGRATE is (a plug-in? I don't see that in my plug-in list). Can you point me in the right direction?
      Thanks,
      Dick Huey
    • dbrowne02
      By dbrowne02+
      Hi, the DMS editor is not loading on landing page. It is working on all other pages. How do I fix this? the website is selborneproperties.com I have logged in and logged out, have disabled plugins. Thanks,
      David
    • jeomiland
      By jeomiland+
      Greetings
      Was on the phone with client yesterday reviewing the site and the server slowed way down. Did a couple updates that may not have taken. Now cannot get back into the DMS editor for http://cassclayton.com/dev/  I can see the site in chrome and firefox but the background image is no longer there. Can get into dashboard in chrome and firefox. Cannot get into DMS editor in chrome - get "Oops, There may be an issue loading." error no matter how many times I try.  My internet connection is not the fastest, but I can access other sites I've built in DMS - just not http://cassclayton.com/dev/
      My question is,
      1) is there a safe way to reinstall DMS that will not trash the work done on the site? 
      2) Is there a way to see if something in the database got corrupted and how to fix? Since I can't get into DMS editor, can't get to the Flush Cache page to try that.
      Just turned on
      define('WP_DEBUG', true);
      Help!
      Thanks
    • CjrMotley
      By CjrMotley+
      My DMS editor isn't working on my landing page, all other pages can be edited using the DMS editor. 
      Is there a fix for this???