Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rmhardwick

Site running very slow

rmhardwick

I'm using DMS on a site and it's running extremely slow 9-15sec load time. 

I tried to use W3 cache, but it block DMS editor from loading. 

Any suggestions on how to get the site to load faster or is there a better cache plugin?

James B

Hi there, we use W3 total cache on PageLines.com so it doesn't conflict with the editor as standard, it could be that it conflicts with one of the other plugins you have active on the site. Have you tried turning the other plugins off and leaving this active? Remember to clear the cache inside the plugin fully before deactivating the other plugins otherwise you're still seeing the previous setup.

Also check if you have the Pro tools plugin installed and if you have any options checked in there which might not relate to your site as these can cause the editor to loop if they're not set correctly. If you don't have pro tools installed, then download this from your account page as this has the option for section caching and some other hacks which will make the front end site quicker. Depending on your server set up the editor when logged in will take longer than the live page as there's so much to load etc.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

Danny

Can you provide a link to the site in question please. If your site is experiencing poor load times, its likely related to your host and the possibility of you having shared hosting.

Shared hosting isn't a recommended hosting environment for any website, as its basically cheap hosting and with web hosting you most certainly get what you pay for. If you provide a link to the site in question, we can run a reverse IP check against your domain and see how many other websites are on the same IP/server. This is what shared hosting is, it means that there are X other websites all using the same IP address, server resources which is why shared hosting is cheap and also poor.

Please search our forums, before posting!

micstepl
yes - I agree! utmost slow.
same with me since about 2 weeks!
To mejoritybI refer wit my comment to Editor!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

greenfly

@micstepl 

We are investigating your reported issues on your own forum topic. We shall update you there. 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

Danny

rmhardwick

If you're worried about your sites performance, then you need to make sure you spend the money on decent hosting and not cheap poor hosting such as Shared Hosting. Regardless of host, shared hosting is poor and isn't really recommended.

If your site is taking 9 seconds to load then it's most definitely related to your host environment, if you can provide a link to the site in question, we can run your site through a reverse IP check and see how many other websites are on the same server as your own.

Please search our forums, before posting!