Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

balfred1345

TextBoxes Local Section Options becomes Global

balfred1345

I've got textboxes on two different pages. I attempt to edit both using Local Section Options. The textboxes take my edits in Local, and they "automatically" appear in Global. Therefore, the settings in one textbox on the home page, for instance, effects the settings of the textbox on the other page.

I've tried the following:

1. deleting both textboxes, and then placed new textboxes

2. deleted what is in Global,

3. confirmed my saves were saving by clicking out into other sections, saving again, etc.

4. Turning all plugins off except for Pro Tools

How can I get the textboxes to work correctly so that I'm editing everything in Local, and it stays in local?

Also, I've got the textboxes placed in a 1 column section. When I edit the width of the 1 column section on the home page the width of the 1 column section is effected on the other page. 

So, bottom line: there appears to be a bug with Local and Global settings, such that local settings get carried over "automatically" into global settings. HELP!

The site: http://whub34.webhostinghub.com/~videoh6/cidev2.com/

Using:

DMS: 1.1.6

Pro tools: 1.4.6

WP: 3.8.1

I also have chrome Cache Killer, and I've turned on LESS compiling on save by placing the following in my wp.config:

/**
* To Turn ON LESS compiling on every save in Pagelines DMS
*/
define( 'PL_LESS_DEV', true );

Screenshots:

This screenshot shows that although I only set Local textbox settings on the home page they "automaticallly" get copied into Global settings, and are seen on another page where they shouldn't be:

http://screencast.com/t/hf6uFOj1

Thanks,

Bruce

James B

Hi there, the textbox on the homepage is in the header area at the top, so effecting this will change the layout on the other page as well as the header and footer areas on the page are global. You'll be able to change the content locally, but the width and content will stay in place on the global options as if you enter no local content it will insert the global etc. So inserting the local overrides the local content, but any changes to width, position will reflect on the other pages if it's in a global area.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

balfred1345

James B,

Thanks for taking a look at this and getting back to me with an easy fix. Not so happy with myself though -- I probably spent 90 minutes troubleshooting, and didn't notice that I simply had sections in Header that were supposed to be in Template. :(

I greatly appreciate your looking at this on a Friday night. I've got it fixed, and can have the client take a look on Monday morning.

--Bruce

Danny

Thanks for informing us the issue has been resolved, we appreciate it.

Please search our forums, before posting!

• Similar Content

• Barnaby Skinner
      By Barnaby Skinner+
      Hey all, hope I worded the topic correctly!
      I just need to know if either 1) I'm making a mistake or 2) this could be set as a new feature?
      Using the global settings typography parameters, I have a global paragraph font type (set using googlefonts) and have set the style to align:justify. When laying out <p> text inside a simple TEXT module, the <p> text adheres to both the font type and justification. Perfect.
      Now, when I set <p> text inside the PARAGRAPH TEXT field within an ELEMENT module, the <p> text adheres to the font type, but not the justification. It's rather annoying as I like to fully justify para text across the board and tend to use Element modules instead of text boxes for various reasons. It also seems silly that some PARAGRAPH TEXT fields adopt global settings, whilst other don't.
      Or I'm doing it wrong :S
      Any help or advice is much appreciated!
      Cheers
    • Claude203
      By Claude203
      Is there a repository somewhere in a WordPress installation (the database?) for all of the section info/data created in a DMS2-based WordPress installation? In other words, if one wanted to replicate on a new DMS2-based site the entire collection of sections including exact preferences that were set up for an existing DMS2-based site, is it possible to just copy the file with those details into the new site's database? (I'm not talking about any LISS/CSS entries, which I am sure could be cut and pasted from the existing to the new, as-is.)

Thank you.
    • carletto0282
      By carletto0282+
      Hi guys,

trying to setup a wp multisite install on my pc using xampp.
      Everything looks good but I can't activate my dms 2

I have installed the updater plugin but when I try to reach the page to submit my club key I get this message:

"You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page." 

Any suggestion?
      Hope you can help.

One more thing: I'm the only user and I'm the network superadmin

Thanks
      Carlo
    • Kedark
      By Kedark+
      Hello,    request for help from one very important thing for me. I have created a template for entries - in the example section mediabox and revslider. I would like to set up in each of them pictures suitable for the post, or post some pictures 1, 2 post some other pictures, etc. can be easily set for templates, and how to do it for a specific page (at the moment I opjach displays only templates). The DMS 1.x was a local option, the DMS 2, I can not deal with it. Do Not want and create hundreds of templates.    United request for help with this problem (the same will probably be with the parties - and often enjoyed in DMS local option).    Regards  Kedark