Sign in to follow this  
timtimothysullivancom

My main Home/Feature page is redirecting

timtimothysullivancom

Hi, I can't figure out what I've done wrong wrong here and could really use some help. I created a new gallery page on my site and sent it live. all of a sudden, my home page now redirects to this gallery page and my default homepage won't display. I can't get it to display - it just redirects to this new lower level gallery page. Under SETTINGS-->Reading, I have "home" selected as my static default page and all the settings are correct as far as I can tell. I'm using: * Theme Name Iblog pro v.4.0.3 * WordPress Version 3.0 my homepage is using template: "feature page - default" my gallery page is using template: "Default template"

timtimothysullivancom

Update to this issue. Under WP settings---> Reading, if I set my site to Static page and choose "HOME" it now crashes the site in what I think is a redirection error. IT seems when I select "HOME" as the default page, it's redirecting somewhere else. I have a temporary fix in place, but still need assistance. I used a redirection plugin to send the root domain (hakkaisan.com) to hakkaisan.com/home/ this will render the feature/homepage, but I still can't figure out what went wrong or how this homepage redirection is working behind the scenes. Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated! If there is any information I can provide to assist in troubleshooting, please let me know - thanks very much...

cmunns

Did you also set a page for the blog page in addition to the home page under SETTINGS > READING?

timtimothysullivancom

Hi Adam, Thanks for your reply! Yes, in Settings > Reading I set Front Page to "Home" and posts page to "blog". When I select FRONT PAGE DISPLAYS: A static page, with the above settings, I get the browser error below. "The page isn't redirecting properly. Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete." There seems to be some kind of redirect loop happening that is crashing my site when the static page option is selected. somehow the issue seems related to this URL: http://www.hakkaisan.com/our-brewery/media-gallery/enjoying-hakkaisan-with-chinese-food/ when I try to set the homepage to a static feature page, behind the scenes it's trying to redirect to the Chinese food gallery URL directly above. I can't figure out what's driving that redirect. thanks in advance for any suggestions. Timothy

timtimothysullivancom

I fixed this. I went into myPHPadmin and found a wp database table called "wrd_redirection_items" This table had a bunch of rows that were causing the redirect. I'm not sure how this table gets populated, but this was causing my homepage to redirect incorrectly.