Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vincenator

Customizing share buttons at the bottom of a blog post

2 posts in this topic

Hello!

I have a problem I've been agonizing over for a number of hours, trying to customize the share buttons built into PlatformPro at the button of the post on my website. Here is the blog post in question: http://yourfinancingguy.com/low-payment-far-better-ways-fha/

I have limited knowledge of CSS and coding, so any help is appreciated, especially if you can provide the code =)

I have already replaced the Digg and Mixx share icons with my own custom icons for Google + and LinkedIn, but the buttons still redirect to share on Digg and Mixx. I need to figure out what code to implement to get the Google Plus share button to share to the users Google Plus profile, and the same with the LinkedIn button.

If possible, I would also like to know how to create a similar button to enable sharing the article via email.

Thank you very much in advance!

1 person likes this

Hi there,

Unfortunately its not going to be a simple css change as the code for the share icons is hard written into the theme. You'd need to manually edit the core files/code to find the existing code for the share icons and then replace it with code for the new services.

In this instance, it would be better to use a share plugin to provide the social sharing options as this will do this automatically and remove the Platform Pro sharebar from the drag and drop.

1 person likes this

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

• Similar Content

• jagipson
      By jagipson+
      Should be a simple answer but not sure why its not doing this.  I have a child theme installed on pagelines 5 that has a hook so it will write over the theme css. Strange is that when I am on the frontend the code works but in the dashboard your theme takes over my code and its no where to be found. See examples attachments
      @Andrew @Danny

• jDub
      By jDub
      Hi there,  I've been trying to add social media links (facebook, linked in, twitter and Google + to the top menu bar on my site, http://www.stjohnsmith.ca/ but have had no success at all.  I've even tried to add font-awesome icons and it just shows a blank square.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.
    • reklov79
      By reklov79+
      Hi,
      Meganav seems to have a bug if you upload a Logo with a higher resolution (which actually is useful as it looks then sharper on mobile phones). But on mobile the Logo is then larger than on a desktop. Problem is the following code in the meganav style.css. Simply the "height: auto !important" needs to be removed.
      @media (max-width: 480px) { style.css?ver=5.0.14:133 body .meganav-logo img{ height: auto !important; } } But how to achieve that? What is the standard method for customizing that? Overriding via CSS / LESS doesn't work - in this case especially because of the !important derictive used in the original CSS I believe.
      Changing the original CSS is something I don't want to do as it leads into issues when upgrading.
      Btw: I seem not to be the only one with that issue - anyhow, the solution here (not displaying the Logo on mobile) is not acceptable for me.
      Thanks,
      Volker

• tforasiepi
      By tforasiepi+
      I'm taking a site out of development and putting it online.  I need a little help with the Framework 5 interface and icon links because they are not converting to the new URL.  The site is in a sub-folder and I followed the WordPress docs, like I usually do, about Giving Wordpress Its Own Directory . i.e.
      In Settings>General>Site Address changed it to the final URL Copied the index.php and .htaccess files to the root folder Edited the index.php to point to the subfolder and saved the file Now the site is up and running and I can still edit the theme in the Dashboard but the Framework 5 front end interface does not load on each page at the top.  In addition, the Social Media icons, slider icons, etc... don't show up.  However, they are linking to their destinations correctly.  I feel like I can missing a final step.  Can anyone suggest a resource or solution?
      The site is:  http://www.mnkhan.com/
      Thanks in advance!

• Queue-it
      By Queue-it+
      Hi,
      How can I remove the "next post" links below each post page? 
      https://queue-it.com/cdn-blog/
      Before we had a related post section, but I can't find it among any functions, widgets etc.