Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JawDesigns

Recommend me a great Gallery DMS section or Plugin

JawDesigns

Hello,

I'm beginning a new website project and one of the highest priorities is a great looking gallery which can be updated easily. For example we'll have separate galleries for various jobs something like the following:

Gallery 1 (5 images)

Gallery 2 (6 Images)

Gallery 3 (7 images)

I was wondering what sections or plugins people would recommend me to take a look at which work flawlessly with DMS and therefore is responsive if possible?

Thanks, James

James Wilson

Designer & Photographer

James B

Personally i've used the gallery from the free pretty photo theme, that works well. There's a few other sections in there which are image related which could also help - http://www.pagelines.com/shop/themes/pretty-photo/

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

JawDesigns

Thanks James,

But does this means I need to use the theme Pretty Photo in-order to use its gallery section? Also, I just tried to install the theme Pretty Photo but for some reason it wouldn't install though the Wordpress Theme install?

Thanks, J

James Wilson

Designer & Photographer

Danny

No you can use the section in DMS or your child theme. Simply download the Pretty Photo theme and then copy the Gallery section folder to your child themes section folder. Then click the Reload Sections in the DMS Toolbar.

Please search our forums, before posting!

JawDesigns

Ok, that explains it. Thanks Danny. I'll give that a try!

James Wilson

Designer & Photographer

Danny

No problem.

Please search our forums, before posting!

JawDesigns

Hi guys,

Just one other question please. I have loaded in all of the sections from the Pretty Photo theme folder into my child theme folder (nicks-base-theme-master) and they have appeared successfully. However, after having played with the sections they do not seem very intuitive and it's almost like there not working properly. For example the gallery section doesn't stretch across the full width of the column (page) and the shelf section seems to stack the left, middle, right images down the far left side of my page. Do these sections work well with the DMS theme or are they designed to work better within the Pretty Photo theme and therefore they require a fair amount of tweaking?

Thanks for the advice,

Cheers, J

James Wilson

Designer & Photographer

James B

If the sections are designed purely for the child theme then they will probably have css in the child theme to style them. I've not used them outside of the theme to be honest. I would say if you're looking to use those sections and restyle the theme use the customize plugin with the child theme in place to make your changes.

Or copy the css relating to those sections from the style.less of the pretty photo theme and then paste it into your own base theme if you prefer to stick with the blank child theme.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

• Similar Content

• BlueBirdBC
      By BlueBirdBC+
      Hi!
      I would like to build a portfolio-type page showing sponsor profiles. What is the best way to do this?
      Alternatively, I could create a custom post type and set the regular blog page not to display these (how?)
      Thanks
      Frithjof
    • Steve Webb
      By Steve Webb+
      I am having an issue with DMS editor not loading.  Just keeps spinning and spinning.
      Have tried several things - Logged in and out, cleared cache, deactivated all plugins, but the issue persists.
      I even had our host restore from a backup a few weeks ago, when I know it WAS working, as I edited a text box on the homepage.  The restore from backup didn't help either.
      Also, the front end of the site shows that the site is framed, or boxed now (whatever you call it), instead of full width as it was previously (last week).
      Dev console shows that there are php errors in Google maps - file is attached.
      Can someone please help?  Not sure what else I can do here...
      Thanks in advance.
      -Matt

• tuciudadenred
      By tuciudadenred+
      Hi everyone, what happens is that the web page metrosalarmas.com has a google tags which I have not attacked where I can look to remove those tags and be able to locate the correct ones.
    • Steve Webb
      By Steve Webb+
      I am having an issue with DMS editor not loading.  Just keeps spinning and spinning.
      Have tried several things - Logged in and out, cleared cache, deactivated all plugins, but the issue persists.
      I even had our host restore from a backup a week ago, when I know it WAS working, as I edited a text box on the homepage.  The restore from backup didn't help either.
      Also, the front end of the site shows that the site is framed, or boxed now (whatever you call it), instead of full width as it was previously (last week).
      Dev console shows that there are php errors in Google maps - file is attached.
      Can someone please help?  Not sure what else I can do here...
      Thanks in advance.
      -Matt

• JawDesigns
      By JawDesigns
      Hi everyone,
      Flywheel have reported errors on my clients site 'www.racewaredirect.co.uk' and it's not loading. Can someone please provide some information on how to fix this? The site has never experienced these issues before.
      Thanks,
      James Wilson