Sign in to follow this  
ewstawick

Installed WhitehousePro 3 and everything went blank

ewstawick

I just installed and activated whitehouse pro and once activated the site is one big white screen. attempting to log into wp-admin also gives me a blank screen so I have noway to effect any changes. What's going on? And how do I get my admin dashboard and my site back?

Anthony Luth

i think something got botched when you uploaded your WHP3. Try removing the WHP theme folder and try it again.

Use PageLines Drag & Drop Framework and WordPress to build professional websites faster, easier and better than ever before.

Wordpress Developer | Programmer | Enthusiast

@tonyluth | http://www.luthwedding.com

ewstawick

I've tried it again. This time I unzipped locally and FTPed the WHP3 theme folder manually and I'm basically in the same place. If I go to the themes page to preview the WHP3 theme before activating it, the preview is just a blank screen. This time I'm at least smart enough to not activate anyway. This is maddening, I've spent $80 to get something accomplished quickly and I'm dead in the water.

cmunns

When you downloaded the zip file did you make sure that there was all the files/folders present? Anyway for you to turn on debugging so we can be aware of any errors?

ewstawick

Discovered a fix. updated to WP 3.0.1 from 2.9 and everything magically appeared