Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RiverRat

blog titles

RiverRat

http://buff.ly/1lzaO5m This is the other page link for the blog. The titles are appearing too high and I have an extra title. Thanks

James B

Hi there,

The titles being moved up are caused by the following code you've entered into the css. That's moving the entry-title for the blog titles up by 67px.

.hentry .entry-title {
    margin: -67px 0 0;
}

In the single post pages, the above code is moving everything up again. So removing that would bring the page back in order.

It looks like you've manually re-wrote the title inside the post. Obesity is showing as the actual name of the post, the post title etc. So that displays at the top along with the metabar. The inside the post content, its looks like you've added a <h1> tag for How can you fight Obesity?

In the postloop/content section options for the single post page, it looks like you have the thumbs box checked, so the image is also appearing twice.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

RiverRat

Thank you. I had thought I removed that coding, but still having problems with DMS not saving everytime. Not sure why quite yet, even though I have been waiting for it to process.

http://buff.ly/1fFL42g

I am not finding a thumbnail selected on the post Loop Content section. I see hide thumbnails, but that does not seem to affect the post.

Not sure where to locate this: In the postloop/content section options for the single post page, it looks like you have the thumbs box checked, so the image is also appearing twice.

Is there away to hide the title. This site had to go live already and I would like to fix this tonight if possible. Thanks so much.

RiverRat

I would like to hide the titles because I migrated another site and their are 95 posts to Delete the title from.

James B

You can hide the blog titles on the single post page which are the actual post titles. This would leave the title which is inside the blog content showing. Like - http://screencast.com/t/k2badQBuFLXQ

.post-meta .post-title-section {
    display: none;
}

Its hard to tell from the site how you've got the images set up inside the single post page. But if the images are manually inserted inside the content for the post, then you'll need to hide the thumbs inside the single post page to stop them being displayed twice. To get to the section options for the single post page, go to the post. However over the postloop section until you see the editing options, click on the pencil icon to edit. The section options then appear in the dms control panel at the bottom of the page. Scroll down to the bottom and you'll see an option to hide thumbs, check that to hide the wp post thumb and leave the image inside the post showing. http://screencast.com/t/Nw8lnhpdg

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

RiverRat

Great thank you. I know they had entered a pic in the post and featured post. Everything you said worked thank you.

greenfly

Thank you for letting us know this is now working for you 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

RiverRat

Hi most of my problem is the DMS is not saving properly and it is enlarging my background images by alot when I add them, Then my client said lets just take them out and I tried to delete them save it and on the DMS input screen it showed the background was removed, but the background was still showing when I viewed the changes. Really funky. My other DMS installations did not do that. So I could not delete those backgrounds, so what is a person to do, so I readded backgrounds that just over stretched so look white. My computer is new and working at optimum performance so it is not the computer.

greenfly

Are you working on a local install of Wordpress/DMS? 

Can you make sure you have forum topics for these issues separate to this issue to do with blog post titles and we will take a look into these issues for you.

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

RiverRat

Thank you. I believe there is a problem with my DMS as it does not seem to be working like it should and I am finding numerous issues. The site is live. I am going to test the plugins tonight unless there is a better option?

I have one question. I would like 5 blog posts to appear on the blog and then have a next link to other pages and more blog posts.

Seems if I tell it 4 only 4 posts appear and if is say 95 then I get what is viewing now. Any way to have 4 posts per a page?

James B

Hi there, you can set the amount of blog posts shown in settings>reading from the wp admin area - http://screencast.com/t/rn8KX2Pyrt

James B

RiverRat

Thank you. I have found that but it will only show the selected blog posts. I would like to have 4 posts per page. This way only 4 posts are appearing with not additional pages

James B

You need to add the post/page navigation section from the drag and drop to the bottom of the blog page.

James B

• Similar Content

• RiverRat
      By RiverRat
      Hello, the titles are not showing on my blog page. How would I get the titles to show up as titles above the post and bolded. Thanks

http://buff.ly/Npfknt
    • kevinpaffrath
      By kevinpaffrath+
      Hi Pageliners, 

Would anyone be able to help me figure out how to put blog post titles on top of the image? See my blog for an example: www.meetkevin.com/blog, first you have the picture, then the title, then the preview. Is there a way to have it be: title > picture > preview?

Thanks,
      Kevin