Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Yoast Breadcrumbs - How to Remove Links

2 posts in this topic

I am using the Yoast Breadcrumbs section and it is working great! Easy to use and install and I am so happy with it!

However, the client would like to remove all the links from the breadcrumbs so that it only serves as a visual navigation, not as a way to actualy click through pages of the site.

In other NAV breadcrumb plugins there are ways to still make the breadcrums appear but not be links. Do you have any idea of how this could be accomplished here?

Just to be clear, we are doing this because  some of the parent pages are empty and only exist to show the familial relationship and are currently in the breadcrumbs as dead links that go to "#". This is not going to work becuase even though they are in effect not links that go anywhere they still APPEAR to be links. The client wants it to appear as just text, not as somethign clickable or hyperlinked.

Any suggestions or thoughts would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance for  your help!

- Anna

Hi there, you'd really need to ask Yoast on this one, they might have a way to do it or a hook/filter they could provide.

I would think otherwise if the breadcrumbs have their own class you could try the below, but I'm not 100% sure that would work.

.whatever-the-class-is {
pointer-events: none;
cursor: default;

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• Reduce Gap between Breadcrumbs and Heading
      By Kempston+
      I can't figure out how to reduce the gap between the breadcrumb section and the header in the Canvas section (see attachment). I'd like to reduce this gap across the site. The page I've used for this example is here:
      The content comes from a normal Wordpress page. If there's a better way of doing what I've done, please feel free to point me in the right direction.
      Many thanks
    • How to insert breadcrumbs in dms 2
      By Dominique Wong
      I am a newbie here and have downloaded Yoast WordPress SEO plugin, which suggested me inserting the following breadcrumb codes for my dms2 theme. 
      <?php if ( function_exists('yoast_breadcrumb') ) {
      yoast_breadcrumb('<p id="breadcrumbs">','</p>');
      } ?>
      Is there anyone could kindly instruct me step-by-step clearly where should I put these codes ?
      Thanks you :) 
    • Custom Fields Needed for NS Automation Plugin
      By nooberfantastico
      Yoast is not analyzing the page content generated by Pagelines. I've installed NS Automation and it needs the name of the custom fields used. Can you please provide the custom field names needed for the NS Automation plugin?
    • how do I create navigation breadcrumbs without using iFooter
      By margie
      I like the way the iFooter displays the navigation's breadcrumbs.  But I want just the breadcrumbs without the various navigation columns beneath it.  Is there a way to do this?
      Thanks so much and have a wonderful weekend!
    • Yoast not working with DMS
      By create180design
      I have tried multiple different SEO plugins and none are working (same problem for all).
      Problem: When I add title and meta description on my pages, then select Update, the changes are not saved and are gone.
      What I've tried so far:
      De-activated all plugins
      Different SEO plugins
      None of these made a difference.
      I currently have YOAST installed.
      Wordpress 3.9.2
      DMS 2.1.5
      Hosting company: HostGator.