Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

colbystream

Bullet Points Changing Font Size, not indenting

colbystream

When I publish something on a page from the WP visual editor side the bullet points change font size and look crappy. After doing some research I've determined the font size is wrong in the style.css sheet, but DMS does not allow/recommending editing this file. Can I edit somewhere else? Should the edits go in the Custom LESS/CSS box? Recommendations on what the code should be?

You can see an example of the problem here: http://arcadianporch.com/database/

Notice how the bullet point text is smaller and how the bullets don't indent. I've tried changing the font type on the WP side, but it auto-changes back to this.

James B

Hi there,

The bullet point is set by the size of the text set the list. It is indented, you can see by placing the same text below without the bullet point that the its much closer to the edge - http://screencast.com/t/y9tMTSWyiF

You can edit the font size for the list using css, all css edits can be placed into the custom code panel in the DMS control page, the icon for this looks like </>. Place in your custom code and save.

To change the size use the code below

.hentry ul, .hentry ol {
    font-size: 100%;
}

You can also style lists using font awesome icons, check out the bottom of http://support.pagelines.me/docs/miscellaneous/font-awesome/

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

colbystream

Thank you! I see your point about it already being indented. I wanted it indented more, but I was able to understand your code to modify to my needs (and do a few other things I wanted to do). Thank you so much for your help!

James B

You're very welcome, glad you managed to resolve. Thank you for updating the thread.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

• Similar Content

• Louis
      By Louis
      The title says it all. I checked out the forum and the last post about this issue was back in 2012 and they suggested adding in the <ul> and <li> to the post's html. That's already there and so I'm sort of stuck. 

And I actually had another question so I'll just post it here. 

Is there any way to increase the height of the excerpts and be able to put a picture underneath the Title so that it shows up in the excerpt? 

and is there a way to delete the revisions of posts? I don't want to take up unnecessary space.

Thank you,

Louis

incase you need my website it is www.gutjourney.com 
    • cediazb
      By cediazb+
      Hi, i need to create a sales letter using the wordpress editor.   Do you know some plug in with format tools as bullet points, boxes, arrows and other useful elements? (attached are some examples)  

Thanks!!