Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

radfan957

How to delete header from custom template?

radfan957

I have DMS and every time I try to delete the header section from the template it keeps reappearing after the browser is refreshed.  I'm trying to remove the large gap between the RevSlider and my logo.  The Rev Slider is in the Template section of the template in my landing page.  How do I delete this section permanently from the template?

www.philwidmerphotography.com

Phil

James B

Hi Phil

The header is a required section, so unfortunately you won't be able to delete it.

The space looks like its coming from a height set in the .pl-content class. Have you set this using css previously?

http://screencast.com/t/YlXeOeu1

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

radfan957

I used the Inspect Element feature in Chrome to identify that section to be modified so that I could have a logo with a height >29px in the Fixed NavBar.  I have deleted that line from Custom CSS/LESS, refreshed everything and the space is still there.

radfan957

I had double entries to fix the CSS.  I deleted one and the one below remains.  Everything is good now.

/*Change Fixed NavBar image height*/
.navbar .plbrand img {
max-height: 69px;
}

James B

Hi Phil, excellent. Glad you managed to resolve, thank you for updating the thread and posting the solution.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B