Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

takuharley99

"add section" only works on homepage

takuharley99

Hi, I am experiencing many issues with DMS since I have done the recent updates of DMS and WP. 
I am also having issues with my Ubermenu since the recent DMS and WP updates. 
My website: www.ttlphoto.com 
1) When logged into my WP site the only page I can make changes to via the DMS (add sections or edit the page) is my home page. 
Attached screen capture #1 shows that the DMS is active and the sections are active for editing. 
Attached screen capture #2 shows NO DMS and the sections are not active so I cannot make changes to those pages or post via the DMS sections.

2) Most of my pages and post contain a section for the slideshow using Quickslider (not all have been updated yet, because I cannot "add to page" the quickslider section (i.e.: issue #1 above). 
My homepage always display the slider, but many times the slider is not displaying on any of the other pages either in Safari, Chrome or on iPad or mobile. Attached image 2 is the Snowy Owl workshop page, this does have a Quickslider which you can see is not displaying in DMS so I cannot edit it.

3) This could be an Ubermenu issue? On a mobile or iPad there is no menu. "Menu" is displayed but gives me no menu selections. I do have "responsive" active win the Ubermenu control panel.

All active plugins are up to date and I have not experienced any conflicts with plugins.... that I know of.

P.S. Loving the ease of use and the look of Pagelines DMS

thank you 
Len S.

James B

Hi there, have you tried disabling the third party plugins first to see if this resolves? usually if the editor freezes or parts of the DMS control panel become unresponsive this is the first thing to break as it uses jquery, the same as most plugins etc.

Looking at the page I would imagine this is being caused by a plugin as the right click and some other options like some of the nav menus are also acting unresponsive. Possible related to the icon in the bottom right of the site which takes you back to the top of the page.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

takuharley99

James,

I deactivated the "return to top" plugin and this did not solve any issues.

Guess I will need to spend the time deactivating each plug-in separately, refreshing and seeing if that fixes the issues, correct?

James B

Hi there, unfortunately thats the best process to find out which is causing it. Disable them all at once, then check to see if the issue resolved. Then turn each on one by one checking to see when the problem re-occurs. If you have a cache plugin active, clear the cache file inside the plugin prior to deactivating to make sure you're seeing the live page with the plugins deactivated and not a previously saved page.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

takuharley99

Hi James,

Problem solved, thank you!

It was my plugin "social sharing toolkit" 

Unfortunately I now have over 500 pages and 60+ post that i need to remove the shortcode for that plugin.