Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sblentlinger

Using a non DMS template for a WP page

sblentlinger    0
sblentlinger

Is it possible to create a page using a non Pagelines-DMS template?  Previously, I was able to create a template in my child theme directory and select it in the page editor.  Now, only DMS templates show up in the drop down (I know it is broken according to other forum posts).  The reason for this is I want to create a custom landing page and we already have the layout and integration from previous development.  

For example, www.paylinedata.com/app was created before moving to DMS, and as long as the template files exist in the child theme, this page will continue to use the app template.  But any new pages do not have that option!  The template cannot be reused for similar pages.

James B    436
James B

Hi there, in DMS you can create new templates by saving the template you've designed via the DMS control panel, you don't have to use only the templates displayed inside the existing template panel, you can add to them - http://screencast.com/t/bajIxSSqfFr

Custom templates from the Framework won't work inside DMS unfortunately, the entire setup and structure has changed between the two versions for this to be able to be displayed within the drag and drop editor.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

• Similar Content

• Jared Smith
      By Jared Smith+
      I haven't figured out how to get the "Sync Loaded Item" option in templates menu of Platform 5 to stay checked. It doesn't give me an option to save settings when I select it, and when I select it then click off the editor, it unselects. Also if I select it before loading a template, it doesn't stay checked there either.  Whats going on?
    • Queue-it
      By Queue-it+
      Hi,
      I created a Pagelines template for a "Post type" post. Whenever creating a new post page it firstly display that template post and I have to manually change it in the scope from "All of type posts " to "Current page". 
      Is there a way to fix that? 

• richardjacruz
      By richardjacruz+
      I'm building a website in a dev environment at http://162.144.182.17/~uescocra.
      I want to import a bunch of products, and then have the products have a different template than the default template. 
      I also want to change the default template for blog posts.
      Before I go making changes, can I do this where the post type of "products" has its own global template, and the same with blog posts?
      For instance, in a product I might want to have a widget for categories, similar products, etc., and in the blog I may want list of the latest posts, blog categories, link to an email sign-up landing page, etc.
      Thanks.
      Rich
    • abuzzelli
      By abuzzelli+
      Is there a shortcode or a way to automatically pull the site name into the footer or elsewhere?
    • Houston Haynes
      By Houston Haynes+
      Hey folks - I'm trying to get right of some 'dead space' at the bottom of the page in the Material Theme. (see attached) Those two gray lines have an "Edit" button in between them when the browser has a login cookie for the site. Here I created a screenshot from a browser session that doesn't have context for my main login, so you can see that the "Edit" indicator is gone, but the bars and the space it occupies still remains. Can someone help me isolate this so I can make it *completely* disappear? Thanks.