Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KimAnn03

ibox images in safari

KimAnn03

Hi can somebody please check out the ibox images in Safari and tell me why they have that border around them? The black image on this page shows it the best (The ARIES symbol). It makes it look really fuzzy and unprofessional. It is not this way on firefox or chrome.

Thanks.

http://dev.thecosmicpath.com/weekly-horoscope

James B

Hi there,

In safari you seem to have the following code showing

.pl-contrast {
  background-color:#F6F6F6;} which is giving the ring around the edge.

Set this to the below to test if this removes for you.

.pl-contrast {
  background-color:none !important;}

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

KimAnn03

James B unfortunately that did not fix it :(.

Any other suggestions? Also how come every time i go to a page it loads white first before the background image settles in. It's almost like DMS can't handle the background image or something? I tried 3 diff browsers and they all do the same thing (takes a few seconds to load the page).

thanks again

James B

Hi there,

Double checked in firebug lite in safari, thats the only class which removes the outline when I remove it, nothing else takes affect. Try adding the other classes in front to make it more specific to the section. Make sure to flush the less via settings>resets>flush less before viewing in the other browser to make sure it loads the live page after the adding the css.

.ibox .ibox-media .ibox-icon-border .pl-contrast {
  background-color:none !important;}

Do you have supersize enabled for the background? If so this is run off of a js script which doesn't load until the full page has loaded prior, so it will wait until the rest of the page has loaded, then calculate the size for the background and display the image. Disable supersize background and it will load with the page.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

KimAnn03

Where would I find "supersize"? I don't see any option for that? I have "fit image to page" marked. Is that what you mean?

thanks

James B

Hi there, yes that's it. Sorry the same feature was called supersize in the previous PageLines Framework so I'm still getting used to the new names everythings being called in DMS :-)

James B

KimAnn03

James B A new issue arose with unchecking "fit image to page". I was on a 27'' Mac yesterday and realized the background image didn't fit the whole page. So as it is now it seems either I have a white screen and lag in load time if I check "fit image to page" or an image not big enough if I uncheck fit image to page.

KimAnn03

Still can not get Safari to show ibox images clearly... :growl:

Have tried all the above recommendations

greenfly

HI @Kimann03 

Could you create an admin logon for your site and send the credentials to hello at pagelines dot com along with a link to this forum topic and i will jump on and take a look for you. 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

KimAnn03

Just sent it...thanks for looking into this :D

Danny

For some reason, Safari is displaying a grey/white outline around your images, this appears to be coming from the .pl-contrast class.

To resolve this add the following and see if this resolves your issue.

#site .ibox-icon-border.media-type-image {

background-color: transparent;

}

Please search our forums, before posting!