Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

steveburf

Pages don't pull up without 'www.' on Chrome and Safari

steveburf

My home page works fine without 'www.' but internal pages such as http://rawattractionmagazine.com/relationship-tantra/ do not work at all on Chrome and Safari and probably IE.

My tech said it's something to do with a plugin, and probably pagelines.

Can you help?

PS. Still don't know why I can't post in the other forum when I have pro!

Danny

Hi,

I highly doubt, this issue is related to DMS. The likely cause is most likely one of the following:

1. A Wordpress WordPress Address (URL) or Site Address (URL) issue

2. .htaccess issue

3. A plugin

4. Server configuration

To find the cause, first lets rule out DMS. Go to Wordpress Admin Dashboard > Appearance and set the active theme to Twenty Twelve, Twenty Thirteen and see if the issue persists.

If the issue doesn't persist, then it is not related to DMS and you will want to ask this question on the Wordpress support forums. Its most likely related to your htaccess file, wordpress address/site url/permalinks, plugin or server.

Please search our forums, before posting!

steveburf

Thanks for reply.

I tried switching themes but the whole site goes down and nothing works so I don't know what to rule out.

James B

Hi there, regarding your Pro forum access please contact the billing team at [email protected], your subscription is currently showing as suspended so your access to the Pro forum is on hold until your subscription is re-instated.

In regard to the theme issue, you tried switching over to the standard twenty ten theme? Or another third party theme?

In your reading>general panel are the url's entered into the site fields the same and including the www?

Deactivate all third party plugins, if you have a cache plugin active make sure you clear the cache fully before deactivating so you're seeing a live version of the site. Then re-attempt switching the themes once the plugins are inactive.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B