Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jean-Philippe

Migrating from Framework to DMS: issue with PostPins Section?

Jean-Philippe

Hi,

My actual website uses PageLines Framework and, as you can see here, heavily based on Postpins Section. I indeed use a modded version - Simon P. wrote it a long time ago - so that my PostPins Section can display single posts according to category, tag, search, author, archive pages.

I really would like to migrate to PageLines DMS but, as far as I tested the PostPins DMS Section, I can't display posts according to the special pages I mentioned above.

Is there any modded version of the DMS PostPins Section or should I better give up the idea to migrate to DMS?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Jean-Philippe

www.photoreview.fr | www.kankei.fr

James B

Hi Jean-Phillppe

Looking at the code between the two sections there has been quiet a bit of change between the Framework version and the DMS version so copying and pasting the mod probably won't work as they'd need to be additional code added to create the options inside the DMS editor.

Looking at the code you provided it seems the part you would need to add would be the additional array for those sections Simon added previously. I would say back everything up first, then try adding as a child section inside a child theme adding the new options/array part of the code from your modded section into the same place within the new DMS section and see if that takes effect, if it doesn't work as expect or dies then disable the child theme and remove the modded postpin section from the child theme folder or remove via ftp.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B