Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

erin-wsk

No styles on site in Chrome/editor enabled

erin-wsk

I've recently run into an issue where the site looks fine, logged in and out. However, when logged in on chrome and the editor is enabled, the page breaks and only the content is there (no styles, no editor.) The catch is that homepage loads fine (with the editor on) but any other page/post doesn't load correctly. I attempted to turn on debug but that broke the homepage and I've checked my child's less file in codekit and it compiled without errors. I've tried disabling plug-ins (no help). 

James B

Hi Erin

Are there any scripts on the other pages which aren't on the homepage? Can we take a link to one of the broken pages and we'll take a look to see if any files are block blocked or any errors showing.

Do you have pro tools installed? Have you checked any options inside the pro tools admin panel which might not apply to the site, some times this can break the editor if the wrong options are checked.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

erin-wsk

Hi James, 

Here's the homepage: http://www.halfbakedharvest.com/ and then any of the post are broken. I do not have pro tools installed on this site. I had one thought but I'm not sure if this would actually cause it: this site was moved to new hosting on Monday and this was the time this started happening. The host has caching that isn't a plug-in- if it was caching all the pages except the home for people logged in- would this cause the editor to break?

James B

Checking the live site the css url's are actually loading on the other pages as well as the homepage. Have you refreshed the permalink setup since the move? If you go to settings > reset > flush the cache inside the dms control panel, resave the post and view do you get a different result?

The cache could possibly cause a problem, are you able to flush it through the host admin? 

If none of the above have any effect please set up an admin level login so we can take a look inside the admin area and email to hello @ pagelines.com. Please include a link to this thread so we can tie the two together.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B