Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

peterguirguis

YouTube URL's Don't Show Player

peterguirguis

Hi Guys,

One of the features of WordPress is natively importing players from certain video sites by just adding the video URL. However, this isn't working for me in a fresh installation of DMS.

For example, I should be able to paste this URL from YouTube in my blog post and WordPress should automatically embed the YouTube player for me but that isn't happening.

http://youtu.be/viz9KCO6hOE

Any idea what is going on here? Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks!

James B

Hi there, on wp.com you can do this by adding the url directly into the post, they then embed the video.

Self hosted wordpress you need to embed the video using the embed code or the pl shortcode (the shortcode uses just the video id which is at the end of the url.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/viz9KCO6hOE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Or

[pl_video type="youtube" id="viz9KCO6hOE"]

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

peterguirguis

Okay, thanks James. As far as using the shortcode goes, is that shortcode specific to DMS or is it universal on all self hosted sites?

Simon

The url should work fine if you pasted into the TEXT editor in WordPress, not the visual editor. Also make sure there is at least 1 blank line above and below the link.

James B

Hi just reading your previous post, the shortcode version is specific to DMS.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

peterguirguis

okay, thank you very much James :-)