Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lroberts00

simple landing page

lroberts00

Im trying to create a simple landing page/redirect page.  How can I put the pic on the right and the info and link on the left? Side by side?

http://www.ssworkcamp.com/

lroberts00

Nevermind, we went a different direction than the text on the left side.  I would like to know how to make the text fit the screen on a mobile device though?

greenfly

You would probably need to use some Custom CSS that is applied to your site when viewed at a specific resolution. You can do this by adding CSS that works at a specific breakpoint. 

There is a great article here that covers this http://css-tricks.com/snippets/css/media-queries-for-standard-devices/

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

lroberts00

Thanks Martin Davies. I used:

/* Smartphones (portrait) ----------- */
@media only screen
and (max-width : 320px) {
/* Styles */
}

Seems to have applied to the boxes featured picture, but not the box text.  hmm... any suggestions?

greenfly

you need to add the actual CSS in the place of the /* styles */ 

so something like 

/* Smartphones (portrait) ----------- */
@media only screen
and (max-width : 320px) {
font-size:15px
}

There is a section on the PageLines Marketplace that would do this for you automagically - http://www.pagelines.com/shop/sections/bigtextdms/

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

lroberts00

I guess I am confused?  All my other pagelines sites (framework not DMS) are set to the max-width of a smartphone.  Why isn't this site's?  Why is box text not centering to the width? 

greenfly

i imagine not all your sites have the same setup as the site you are working on currently. I couldn't comment on your other sites having not analysed them but is you have text with styling and want the style to be different at different screen sizes you will have to change that using CSS.