Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bfortson

Pagelines DMS vs. Social Gallery plugin

bfortson

Trying to resolve an issue with Pagelines DMS theme and a plugin entitled Social Gallery (SG). SG creates a gallery for images that are click-able in a blog post. The SG plugin opens a lightbox which includes the image and a direct link to Facebook comments, so users can comment on an image and their comment is then posted on facebook (with a link to the original image). It's a cool plugin and provides a nifty way to connect others with your website... but it only works "partially" within the Pagelines theme. The SG gallery opens properly, but the problem is the Facebook link (created by the plugin) will not work properly - when someone "likes" or comments on an image, a link is created on their "Friends" newsfeed.  Clicking on the link in facebook - you receive an error message for a
non-object. The plugin is trying to create a page for each image. When you go to that page, the theme tries to call a function that applies only to
objects... on a non-object. Hence the error. As far as I can tell this is an irreconcilable issue between the theme and plugin. I talked (and talked)
to the plugin developer and he has concluded that it is a Pagelines issue that he can't address.  Any ideas on how to resolve this?

Currently, I have turned-off the SG setting that creates the page (and thereby helps you follow facebook comments), because of the error message viewers receive on facebook.

You can view the issue at almostoff.com/archives

Thank you,

Ben

James B

Hi Ben

That's really a question the developers would need to discuss with the plugin author directly. If he's aware of the issue and can see the cause he'll need to email the main address and they'll put him in touch with our dev team, they can then work together to see if there's a way they can resolve the issue between the plugin and the theme.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

bfortson

Thanks James!  I can tell you that the developer/company is Epic Plugins and the email address is [email protected]  It would certainly benefit both Pagelines and Epic Plugins (and me too!) if you could resolve this.  The Social Gallery plugin would be a really useful addition to your Pagelines customers, and of course, Epic Plugins would benefit from the increased exposure and use.

Let me know if there's anything else I can do...  If your development team pursues the issue, keep me posted on the progress. 

Thank [email protected]

James B

Hi there, thank you for getting back to us. Unfortunately we're unable to make contact directly in these situations, the developer of the plugin would need to contact us via the main address in order to be put in contact with the developer team directly if he wished to pursue issue with us. Unfortunately we're unable to get involved with third party plugins directly as there are so many of them out there, if we started this process then the core team would be changing the core code on each occasion etc. If the developer contacts the core team and explains the problem as he see's it, then they can work together to see if there's an opportunity to adjust the code to fix.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

bfortson

Makes sense...  I will pass along. 

Thanks for the quick response.

James B

You're welcome, thank you for coming back to us and updating.

James B