Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

suerama

unable to make 4 columns

suerama

I'm unable to place 4 columns in a row in my template area using the dms ui column system. No matter how narrow the column, the 4th column would always jump to the next row. So, for the moment I've used 2 work-arounds on this page:

http://ramacommunications.net/websites/

1. I created the first row using the grid system markup I learned on the pagelines framework tools page (love that page!). But when viewed on a small device the images stack with no space between each other.

2. I created the 2nd row using 3 columns with text boxes and an added text box. But the image in the text box that is not in a column appears larger than the images in columns and text boxes or in some views doesn't align with the others.

Any tips? Am I the only one unable to fit more than 3 columns across using the drag and drop UI?

James B

Hi there,

I've managed to put four columns in a row using the editor. Each column set to 3 in the column width options - http://screencast.com/t/5tIh8BSiFs

Do you have any css which would affect the padding/margins of the main page container? This could cause one of the columns to be pushed down if something wasn't allowing the fourth column to sit in that space.

The textbox section will have different margins/padding set than the css for the rows created by the grid system, this is why the images appear at slightly different sizes.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

suerama

Today I've put 4 columns accross. Thanks!

Danny

Thanks for informing us the issue has been resolved.

Please search our forums, before posting!