Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

michaeljaekel

memory allocation error but limit at 256MB

michaeljaekel

Hello

I just tried to install PageLines DMS on Wordpress 3.8.1. (clean install). Installation was fine, but I could not work with DMS because I got a memory allocation error: 

Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 25427968) (tried to allocate 40 bytes) in /homepages/27/d233931388/htdocs/microsites/lauer-interaktiv/wp-content/themes/dms/includes/less.plugin.php on line 286    

So I searched the docs and the forum and I found is a minimum of 40MB memory required to run DMS. PHP version is 5.5.8. I also tried with 5.4.x. Same issue.

I checked with wp-system-health and wp-memory-usage and found a memory limit of 256 MB reported (see attached file also). If I got the docs right, that should be more than enough.

What can I do to get out of this issue?

Thank you in advance for any help you will provide.

Kind regards,

Michael

Simon
25427968 bytes is 24.5 MegaBytes.

256M in bytes is 268435456

Install the pro plugin from my-account and run the memory test.

michaeljaekel

Hi Simon. 

Thanks for your assistance.

The result really knocked me down:

Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 16515072) (tried to allocate 9175041 bytes) in /homepages/27/d233931388/htdocs/microsites/lauer-interaktiv/wp-content/plugins/dms-plugin-pro/libs/class.memtest.php on line 18
Ram test Results: 22557Kb or approx 22Mb

It says, there are only about 22MB free for usage?

Michael

Simon
Yep, thats what your host has allocated you.

Who is the host out of curiosity?

michaeljaekel

it is 1&1, Germany.

Simon

Due to resource limits on our Shared Hosting machines, it is not possible to allocate more memory to PHP than the maximum for your package. Using a php.ini file or the memory_limit directive to increase memory for PHP may result in the phpinfo() output reflecting the change however the server will not allocate more memory than the limit imposed by 1&1.

Older packages were limited to a maximum of 30MB for PHP memory regardless of package.

michaeljaekel

Yes, I guess you are right!

Have to check wether to upgrade to a higher level or leave 1&1 to somewhat more generous provider.

Once again: thank you for your great assistance.

Have a nice weekend.

Michael