Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hostmonkee2

How to add pictures,etc..?

hostmonkee2
Hi. I have searched for days to figure out how to use your product and where to find directions to setup for my sites. The plugin link doesn't work, I am very disappointed

Please give me detailed directions on how to use this plugin, how to add pictures, etc.

Thanks,
Tracy

Hi. Sorry you're having troubles. Do you see the Cool Carousel menu item in wp-admin? Each slide is a custom post type post. You add the slides (eg images, video) and create/assign to Cool Carousel Sets (categories), and then on the front end you choose which sets you want to display per slider.
Let me know if you have more questions.

hostmonkee2
Thanks for the quick reply! I have tried that but do not see anywhere to add pictures. Could you please show screen shots with detailed directions?

Thanks,
Tracy Kennedy

With the Cool Carousel plugin active, you should see this menu option: http://cl.ly/image/380q1K0G3B1u

Clicking to add a new Cool Carousel Slide will send you to yoursite.com/wp-admin/post-new.php?post_type=cool-carousel

Then there are instructions you can follow.

Are you able to click the "Add New Cool Carousel Slide" link in your wp-admin menu?

hostmonkee2
I clicked on add new Carousel slide in wp/admin, the page comes up that says "Add new cool carousel slide" under that is a text box to add content. On the right is Publish, save draft, publish, cool carousel sets, that's it know directions on the page

Well it's surely not supposed to look like that. :-)

I'd suggest deactivating all plugins EXCEPT Cool Carousel and see if that screen gets a bunch more stuff on it.

If that works, there's some sort of plugin conflict.

You can also share your WordPress and PageLines versions.

If you need, we can do a screen share while you're logged in to both wp-admin and FTP.

hostmonkee2
Wp 3.8.1 DMS 1.1.5

So you're all up to date. That's good. You could turn on wp_debug and/or deactivate all other plugins.

hostmonkee2

Clifford, Thanks for contacting me via phone it was very nice talking with you!

Instead of sending you a PM I wanted others to benefit from this issue. (my mistake)

When I purchased cool carousel plugin via pagelines store I received two down loads "section-cool-carousel.zip" & cool-carousel.zip ... As it turns out I downloaded the wrong plugin for dms, section-cool-carousel.zip instead of the other.  I deleted the section-cool-carousel, installed cool-carousel for DMS.. " now working properly" !!!

I do apologize for any inconvenience 

Thanks again,

Tracy 

• Similar Content

• primetime
      By primetime+
      Hi,

How do I remove the padding? There seems to be a bit of blank space on top and bottom of the image as well as a bit to the right of it. I'm not sure if it has to do with image size. I tried to crop all my images the same size.

http://travelblogfest.com/

Thanks,

• Aldo
      By Aldo
      Cool Carousel a plugin for DMS2 that provide alot of features, but issue when viewing the page on a mobile device a link that is associated to one photo will not work.
      I have 4 photos in rotation in the carousel that flip by and the link associated with first photo works fine on a desktop computer buy doe not work on any mobile device.

How can i make this link work on all divices?

Thanks in advance.

Aldo

• jDub
      By jDub
      Hi there,

I'm trying to make the images in the Cool Carousel skew and resize depending on the browser size.  Currently I'm using css height: 100vh, which is giving me the effect I want, however it's taking in account the size of the fixed menu bar and the content I have above it, so instead of resizing the image to the size of the browser, it's cut off and falls below the fold.  You can check this out at http://makaicollection.com/overview/

Any help on how to modify this would be greatly appreciated.  Again, I'd like the full image to be seen above the fold, but resize in height and width depending on the size of the browser window.

Thanks in advance.

Jaime
    • JawDesigns
      By JawDesigns
      Hi,

I am using the Cool Carousel plugin and the recommended re-order plugin. However, I have realised that sometimes when the page loads it displays another cool carousel slide which is not supposed to display first. Does anyone know why this keeps happening? It would be good to fix this because it's always important for me to load the first slide. My site is: http://www.jawdesigns.co.uk/

Kind regards,

James