Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lisa Haran

Can you use DMS to create a one page site like this?

greenfly

Scroll Header pro Demo is now fixed ill check on the other demo for you 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

Lisa Haran

Hi Martin,

Still see nothing on the scroll header pro demo page

Danny

Hi,

The demo doesn't appear to be up, we will contact the author of the section again and see if they can put it online.

In regards to creating a single page website, you can do this using the Wordpress menu system and some sections. For example:

1. Go to your Wordpress Menu via Wordpress Admin Dashboard > Appearance > Menu

2. Create a Menu and then use the Links section.

3. Add a number of links using the following:

A ) In the URL field add the following: #About

B ) In the Link Text field add the following: About

http://d.pr/i/pSzl

4. Repeat the process for all your menu items i.e. #Contact, #News, #Portfolio etc..

5. Now go to your front end and on your template add the NavBar section and then configure it to use your Wordpress Menu.

6. Now add a TextBox section and in the Text Area option add the following:

<a id="About">
<h1>This is the About us!</h1>

and save your settings.

7. If you then publish these changes and click your About menu it will now navigate to that area of your site.

You can repeat the process for all you menus, making sure all the IDs match.

Please search our forums, before posting!

Lisa Haran

Thanks Danny,

looking at this functionality that is on a lot of sites now

http://fall.tnvacation.com/

Is it CSS3 or a wordpress template and can it be used with DMS

Thank you for your time

James B

Hi there, those type of parallax themes have become popular recently. Usually that effect where it pulls in the page data into a specific section, then treats them like slides when you scroll will be set by a child theme, coded by the child theme developer.

There are a few child themes on the store which have this type of effect, check out Ozone by Nick Haskins http://nickhaskins.co/products/ozone/

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

Lisa Haran

Thanks James,

that's great to know

James B

You're welcome.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

jmad

@ Danny

These are great instructions and really useful in a number of situations.  I think having them in the support docs would be a good idea.  

Aires
@Danny Awesome instructions.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Tapatalk

ndTgvai.jpg

Visit iheartpagelines.com for the latest tutorials on PageLines related products.