Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JenRus

Featured Slider - Too Small and Cannot Seem to Fix

JenRus

I was trying to make the featured slider a little bit smaller so that users didn't have to scroll down to see the content.  Well, suddenly, the slider is A LOT smaller and I cannot seem to change it back.  I have tried suggested supplied here in the forum that say to decrease the percentage size in the CSS.  I have tried that, but nothing seems to change.  We have recently incorporated a caching plugin to make the site run faster, but I have checked the site in other places and the slider still appears small.

Here is what is appearing in the CSS currently:

body{}
.fslider {}
background: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.4);
box-shadow: 0 1px 4px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.4);
-webkit-border-radius: 5px;
-moz-border-radius: 5px;
-o-border-radius: 5px;
border-radius: 5px;
padding: 5px;
width: 200px;
}

The website is rphospital.org

Thank you in advance for your help,
Jenny 
Webmaster for rphospital.org

James B

Hi Jenny

The cache plugin is still active on the site so you're probably not seeing the changes you made to try and correct. In the plugin options you'll see a button to clear the cache, clear it and then disable until you've fixed the slider. Then activate the cache plugin again.

The css above is giving the slider a width of 200px, which is why its so small. Remove that code and replace with the width in % and margin:auto to center. Change the width to suit the layout as you want it etc.

.fslider {
    background: none repeat scroll 0 0 rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.4);
    border-radius: 5px;
    box-shadow: 0 1px 4px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.4);
    height: 100px !important;
    margin: auto;
    padding: 5px;
    width: 74%;
}

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

JenRus

Thank you for your help! I appreciate it!

James B

You're welcome, glad that worked for you :-)

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B