Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tikawawa

How to display category Title?

tikawawa

I am looking of a way to display the Category name of the current post, How do I do that? I am at a dead end. I tried installing hooker to get some wordpress functions working in pagelines text box sections but I think I have to create a hooks.

Is there a simple way to insert some code in the pagelines text box section to get it to display the category title?

Thanks,

James B

Hi there, to do this you could use a plugin which renders php inside a textbox. Catrina wrote a post for this on the framework but the same process could be applied to DMS using a text box instead of a contentbox. See - http://forum.pagelines.com/topic/24853-how-to-add-a-category-description-to-your-category-pages/#entry144769

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

James B

You're welcome, glad it worked. Thanks for updating the thread

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B