Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

suerama

Gif in media box doesn't resize in Firefox

suerama

I'm using different images for my "headers" so I have them in media boxes. I'm using a few animated gifs in these, and I'm noticing that they resize fine in Chrome and Safari but they are too wide and don't resize at all in Firefox.

See: http://ramacommunications.net/websites/

The gif on the top of the page doesn't resize. To see the entire image on smaller screens you have to scroll to the right, then you see the image hanging over in a white field. : (

I tried to make one gif smaller, by making the media box smaller, so it would fit better on smaller devices in FFx.  It works fine in Chrome and Safari, but it doesn't resize this way on Firefox either. Please see:

http://ramacommunications.net/websites/

Is this a known issue? Is there some way to fix this so my headers fit in the browser windows in Firefox?

Danny

HI,

I have just added a rather large animated gif to a MediaBox section and then viewed it on both Chrome and FireFox and on each browser the image resized without any issue. Therefore, your issue could be related to custom CSS.

I recommend you remove all custom CSS and disable active plugins and see if this resolves your issue.

Please search our forums, before posting!

suerama

I removed all custom CSS and disabled all active plugins, to no effect. 

The odd thing is that many images, including gifs on the site are responsive on FIrefox. It's just two gifs that are not being responsive. And the Rama Communications gif is responsive on my website page, but not on my homepage. This is quite puzzling.

See screenshots here: http://screencast.com/t/4vuNKmiW6bSh

My site: http://ramacommunications.net

greenfly

VEry odd - i have tried this in firefox and chrome and the Rmama Communications logo is responsive in all browsers. 

Once thing to try - if you have problems viewing the gif in chrome of firefox - try instead to use the private browsing in firefox and the incognito mode in chrome. Borwser extensions or borwser plugin might have an effect on this. Also make sure you are running the latest browser release.

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

suerama

Oh so sorry, that is because I just tried putting the logo in a text box on the homepage, and that is responsive. I was about to note that here, but you got to my site first (thanks for the quick response).

I haven't  yet  put the logo in a text box on my ABOUT page here. So you can see that when the logo is in a media box, it isn't responsive, at least, not in all cases.

So while I can fix the problem by putting my images in text boxes,  I want you to be aware of this glitch so DMS may address the issue.

Thanks!

greenfly

Ok - i can't replicate this - if you manage to replicate this on another page and can send us a link to this on a new page we can investigate and then possibly explain why this happens. 

Everything seems to be working though now. 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

greenfly

Ok - could you create an admin logon for you site and send the credentials to hello at pagelines dot com - i will jump on and take a look for you 

greenfly

Thank you for the credentials. - will take a look for you now 

suerama

Did you discover the problem?  If not, I'll just go ahead and put my images in text boxes, since those are uniformly responsive.

greenfly

Sorry - i thought i had updated this post. Last time we tried to access your site we were asked to authenticate and the credentials did not work. 

suerama

I just tested them and they worked.

I'm resending you the email.

Thanks!

Sue

greenfly

HI sue - i am in. I missed the credentials for the first step - my apologies. Looking now for you. 

greenfly

Can you check this is still happening in firefox on this page http://ramacommunications.net/about/

Please do not alter any settings until you have checked this and confirmed back for me. 

suerama

It is currently responsive, as is the logo atop the Animation page. Hurrah!

Did you change something?

greenfly

yep - remove the 'float left' option. Float left class actually adds some CSS to the image and was bugging me on another topic recently. Should have spotted this straight away. 

Hope this helps - sorry for the delay :) 

greenfly

My Pleasure Sue. :) 

Great site by the way..