Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tikawawa

Problem with extra spaces in textbox when embedding image

tikawawa

I think there is a problem with the media box text section, When I embed an image with a link it is creates extra spaces at the top and bottom of the embedded image. But when I embed the same image through the media library those top and bottom spaces are not there. 

It also seems to be happening with the text box section whenever I make link for a word in the text box, the text seems to go to the next line. 

Can someone please try this to confirm that they are getting the same result, Thanks

James B

Hi there,

I'm unable to replicate this on my set up so far, can you provide us with a live link to the page so we can look at the source code to see where the spaces are coming from on your setup.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

tikawawa

Here is the link for the live site

http://fibertough.com/inprogress/

you will see that I have added 2 logos, one is via the media box and the other is through the text editor. The text editor in the media box also has the same issue

James B

Hi there, have you published those sections to the live page. I just see http://screencast.com/t/JoujDxwQeSp the logo appearing once in the header.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

tikawawa

Yeah, Thanks for the reply. I figured it out. It turns out the if I leave the title blank there will still be a space in the html for it even though there is nothing there. so the solution for that was to put my html with link in the title area of the text box. And the same applies for the mediabox title.

Thanks

greenfly

thanks for letting us know you have resolved this. 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"