Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

w00ki3

iBox Image: Possible Lightbox integration?

w00ki3

I have iBoxes to display a couple sample images with a brief description below them on certain pages.  On other pages I use the iBoxes to serve as buttons to allow users to click thru to navigate our site.

My question is, on the pages that I use them for sample images, is there any way to have Lightboc functionality to allow the users to click the image and have it enlarge as if it were a standard image from a gallery?

I have searched all over and haven't found anything along these lines yet.  Thanks in advance!

Greg

James B

Hi there,

This wouldn't be possible out of the box unfortunately, you would have to clone the section and add additional code into the ibox section try and make a work around version.

However, if you're using a plugin for the lightbox which allows a shortcodes to be used, you could put a shortcode or the html for the lightbox image into the text area of the ibox along with your text, and not insert the image via the image field in the ibox settings. That should then allow for the affect you're looking for. http://screencast.com/t/9kTIOOS0pl2

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

w00ki3

Technically could PopThumbs serve the same purpose?

James B

I've just checked out popthumbs, yes that will open the image in a lightbox so you could use that in place of iboxes to get the effect you're looking for.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B