Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

paul_t

No loaded CSS in IE 7 and 8

paul_t

Just put up a quick and simple site with DMS 1.1.5

link supplied on request

Looks like CSS isn't loading in IE 7 and (possibly) 8 (can't test at moment)

Update - menu is using white text and has gone very deep - can't use

Not worried about the lack of rounded corner etc - just need to get the basic page to load

any ideas?

tia

PS - I have paid for the full developer version - but as this is almost a favour I haven't activated it (so assume its the same as the free version) 

Danny

Hi,

IE7 is a no go zone as we don't and will not ever support a browser that is seven years old with the last stable release four years old. Plus it has no support for HTML5 and CSS3.

In regards to IE8, that should be fine, we have included some scripts that allow HTML5 and CSS3 basic support in the DMS Pro Tools plugin.

Please search our forums, before posting!

paul_t

OK, could be the end of DMS for me.

Just been contacted by another client wo says too may of their systems still have i.e. 7 and 8 

Final q's before I bow out 

1) Is there any way to get the CSS to load in ie7 - even if none of the nice stuff is supported?

2) Is there a menu system you know of  that works in ie7

3) Would reverting to the Pagelines Framwork be an option (yes I know its no longer in development) be I'm now in a hole.

Thanks for your time

James B

Hi Paul

Unfortunately DMS won't work with IE7, I've checked with the developer team this evening and unfortunately the browser is too old to handle it. Wordpress doesn't support IE7 for the admin area so you could run into problems using Wordpress unless its an older version.

They've advised that the closest theme we have which might work better with this would be Platform Pro, but this is now a legacy theme so we couldn't guarantee how long it would remain relevant with the current Wordpress updates.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

paul_t

Thanks James. 

The site above is just a simple one and as it was almost a favour its accepted that time moves on.

My big issue is working with UK government departments and its now become a huge problem (on a current project). The antiquated requirements, yet insistence on having usability with tablets and phones is almost impossible to support. Until there is some form of directive that lifts them out of the dark ages they area still going to have to use 'old' systems. And even they are now becoming obsolete as servers and software gets upgraded and code becomes deprecated. I'm running out of options.

With the April deadline to drop support for XP and many departments having to update, there is hope on the horizon, but is going to be a long haul. For now - the issues continue.