Sign in to follow this  
dvanton

Full Background image on feature page...

dvanton

Hi everyone, I have iBlog4 and have been tring to set up the feature pages with background images that cover the full width of the page. I have been close but things don't line up. Can someone point me in the right direction, or maybe my setting are wrong.

Andrew

sure, maybe a screenshot or live link?

dvanton

Sure,the link is http://essencebracelet.com/ . I am just starting to build the site, so I am using a test image that should be the correct dimensions. As you can see, the images double up - I am close but think my setting must be off.

cmunns

You must have placed it in two locations. On an actual poast and on the feature setup

dvanton

Thanks for the comment. At this time, I have only posted it once. i am not sure how the second one came to be. I followed the video posted by Pagelines suggesting that in Settings / Reading / Front Page Displays, that I select Static page and select the page of the graphic. Is that still necessary? I would like to have many of these pages set up so they can cycle through on the home page.

bryan-hadaway

Let's get a better understand of how you're attempting this, please post the CSS used to accomplish what you have so far for the background image, may need to be updated or corrected. Also, you'll want to make sure that the image is sized correctly: 960 x 392 pixels Thanks, Bryan

dvanton

The repeating image that you see there is a result of a different attempt to create a page (with a template of Feature Page - Full Width Content). But I haven't been able to link this page up to the feature. All I have been able to do is set it up as a static page found under SETTINGS / READING / FRONT PAGE DISPLAYS. As the front page option, I have selected this as my home page - and maybe that is where the problem lies. My feeling is that it's quite simple, but i have missed a step along the way... To clarify - I am attempting the same thing as Dom has posted after - to get this full width affect as seen on the pagelines site - http://www.pagelines.com/demos/platformpro/

bryan-hadaway

I think your CSS is just fine, and with the correct sized images it'll look good. As far as the duplicate, it does seem as though something funky is happening at some point. Can you simply not prepare and upload an image into the page normally? Thanks, Bryan

dvanton

Bryan, do you know if I need to have the static page set up as I do? I have been experimenting with it, and the trouble is that if i remove the static page feature, that my home page loses the entire Feature Section.