Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lisa Haran

sections keep disappearing

Lisa Haran

I must be doing something wrong.

So all I want is to add a revslider as a global section so that is appears on every page.

I clone the header section.

Then add a column to the cloned section and drag the quickslider.

I then save this template "update template with current configuration"

All good, cloned header with quickslider now appears on every page.

Then if I go to edit the footer, refresh the page, the cloned header that DID appear on every page now disappears.

This has happened 8 times already whenever I edit some other element after  I clone the header section.

What am I doing wrong.

James B

Hi Bren

I've just replicated the setup but my clone is staying place, I note you're updating the template configuration but are you also publishing the page first before doing this? Via the tick in the right hand side of the DMS control panel so the 'publish/change' indicator goes green?

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

Lisa Haran

Hi James.

Sory for the delay I have been out sick and just back in the office.

Ok so you had no issues cloning a global section and putting a slideshow in place.

When I add any new section or anything new to a template I update the template configuration first and then hit publish the page.

Is this correct.

Just getting really frustrated as I want to use DMS on future sites but this is really hindering me as I keep losing template configurations and it would be great if you tell me the best way to do this so I don't have to keep rebuilding the page.

Cheers