Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

suerama

Flipper images sometimes not appearing

suerama

Hi, 

My images are not always appearing in flipper when viewed in smaller browser window sizes. The first set of 3 images appear fine, but when I scroll, sometimes my next 3 images do not appear, and sometimes just one of the three does not appear.

Here is the page: http://ramacommunications.net/animation/

Also, a few times, flipper images have appeared truncated on chrome and I have had to refresh the page to see them full size. I added this code in the hopes of resolving this issue, but since this problem is only occasional, i don't  know if it is working:

.flipper-item.fix {min-height: 194px;}
#site .flipper-wrap.flipper. flipper-loaded {min-height: 194px;}

James B

Hi there, flipper is set that unfortunately. It will display the maximum amount of posts set only if there is enough room in the browser window to do so, as the screen scales down it will reduce the amount of images displayed accordingly. http://screencast.com/t/DhqrLzIyRb

Regarding the images not displaying full height, I've checked in Safari, Chrome and Firefox but they all seem to display ok. Are they large images? I'm wondering if they're not loading fully possibly? Next time you see it happening please take a screenshot with web inspector open on the element so we can take a look whats happening in the html at the time it occurs.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

eglashcreative

I realize this is an old thread, but it doesn't seem resolved, and I've had a similar issue with Flipper in the blog sidebar. The featured image that it pulls for a post (the client's blog logo) is more wide than it is high, so the grid format doesn't quite fit.

No matter the settings I give it, when it loads, it gives the image for each post enough room for a square thumbnail, which creates a lot of extra white space, then when I scroll up or down in the browser (Chrome) it readjusts and brings everything up appropriately. I've tried every Flipper setting. The image setting that works best, but still creates the above issue, is aspect-thumbnail.

"Trish's Tips", top of sidebar: http://meetgamblersonly.com/trishs-tips/

Thanks.

Joe Eglash

Eglash Creative

Danny

Joe, I have viewed the site and I am not seeing any issue. Can you provide screenshots of what it is you want to achieve please.

Please search our forums, before posting!

eglashcreative

Thanks, Danny. Here are two screenshots, from Chrome:

- The first, before scrolling.jpg - you can see that Flipper sets up a grid area, even though it's blank, and the next entry, "More About Trish", which is a PLNextBox, is pushed down below that grid area.

- The second, after scrolling.jpg - the featured image for that post shows (I have the Flipper set to show aspect_thumb - though nothing else makes a difference) but the grid area is still there. The PLNextBox is still pushed down. CSS won't cure the issue, as far as I can tell.

So there are two issues: 1. The images not showing when landing on the page and 2. The grid area whitespace holds no matter how big the featured image is.

Hope this helps. Thanks. 

Joe Eglash

Eglash Creative

Danny

I am not seeing this issue - https://cloudup.com/cbTgy54WpBK

Is the issue on the front page or another page ?

eglashcreative

Well, that's odd. Are you looking on Chrome? It's on the blog archive page. Perhaps it's only when logged in to DMS?

Joe Eglash

Eglash Creative

Danny

I am viewing on Chrome and do not see that issue. Therefore, can you contact our helpdesk and provide the following information please.

A link to this topic so our staff have something to reference

A link to the exact page in question, do not just provide a link to your site, give the exact page

Make sure all plugins are disabled

Make sure DMS debug mode is active

Provide your admin username/password

hello at pagelines dot com

• Similar Content

• stijnxo
      By stijnxo+
      I am using the Powerloop plug-in on my DMS website and can sort my elements by Postdate, but I want to sort the pages in Alphabetic order.
      Actually the same question for sorting Flipper content in Alphabetic order instead of Ascending / Descending / Random options.
    • dreamsight
      By dreamsight
      We only want the images and title mouse-over, not link/click to the actual post the title is from.
      Any ideas anyone?
      Thanks
    • yemoonyah
      By yemoonyah+
      I just installed and added the Flipper section to my home page and it makes my navigation/menu bar items disappear.
      They do show up again when scrolling down and everything seems normal on the other pages.
      http://yemoonyah.com
      Thanks.

• king_kcm
      By king_kcm
      Is there any way to hide the excerpt in Flipper, and the navigation arrows?
    • nandorj78
      By nandorj78+
      How do I hide (or change) the category title in the Flipper section?
      Could there be a setting for this in the editor?