Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Josiah L

Publish does not "save" changes made with the editor to the page template

Josiah L    0
Josiah L

This is what it says:

Current Page Type  shopp_page	         The classification of WordPress page.
Current Type ID    70544283	         A meta ID associated with this type of page. Used for settings for entire type.
Current Page ID	   0	                 A meta ID associated with this specific page.
Template Handling  type	                 The scope of template handling. "Page" or "type" wide.
Template           custom (no template)  The ID of the current template being used.

Simon    247
Simon

page id 0 thats the giveaway

Josiah L    0
Josiah L

So...... no hope?

Is there a way that I can see the page id in Pagelines DMS 1.1.5?

Simon    247
Simon

just messing with a patch, allows you to edit pages that are shopp_page. Problem here is all the shop generated pages will get the same edits, like shop front is dynamic, so is cart, in fact all thses pages will have pageID of 0

http://i.imgur.com/sLx9ZZ2.png

Josiah L    0
Josiah L

Since I am using Pagelines DMS (version 1.1.5) and Shopp on my current live site, is there a way to see what the page ids are in the older version of DMS?

Simon    247
Simon

view source, wordpress always adds the page ID

<body class="page page-id-0 page-parent page-template-default dms pl-pro-version responsive full_width template-none display-full checkout">

Josiah L    0
Josiah L

So the problem boils down to the Shopp plugin not generating a page id for those dynamic pages?

Josiah L    0
Josiah L

So I contacted the Shopp plugin support. They are suggesting:

Create a WordPress page for the cart
Check the id of this page (it is in the url when you are in the page editor or it shows up at the bottom of your screen when you hover over the pagename on the Page overview page). Let's say de id is 181.
In your theme's folder find a file called page.php (might differ in some themes)
Copy this page.php file and name it page-181.php
Go to your WordPress admin -> Appearance -> Editor
Open the page-181.php file, add the code from the cart page

Is something like this possible with Pagelines DMS?

Danny    1,327
Danny

As far as I am aware, this isn't something you can do in DMS. However, why are you using the Shopp plugin over WooCommerce ? When I tried Shopp, I found it wasn't anywhere near as easy to use as WooCommerce and DMS is fully compatible with WooCommerce, as we use it ourselves.

Please search our forums, before posting!

• Similar Content

• Peter Esslemont
      By Peter Esslemont
      Hi,
      When using the editor I am getting duplicate wordpress toolbars and an a nice error to go with it...
      I have them stack 4 high at one point.  Goes away with a refresh then re-appears.
      very odd.

• Perry
      By Perry+
      Hello there,
      We have started experiencing a crippling issue within the last few days. It seems that ever since three days ago the CSS will not load for our pages outside of the DMS editor. Inside of the editor everything appears to be looking fine, but after publishing and viewing the page in a new browser our elements are all over the place, and in the console it appears that there is an error stating that the CSS did not get loaded. Looking through FTP, it seems that the two CSS files in the pagelines folder in wp-content are now missing. We did not access this folder or modify any files prior to this.  What kind of problem could this be? We are totally halted on any work we can perform until this is solved, so any help would be greatly appreciated. 
      An example of the phenomenon: http://datesafe2.21thirteenhost.com/category/ask-mike/
      Best,
      Perry
    • abuzzelli
      By abuzzelli+
      I'm having a strange issue with a site I'm building. I thought it might have been a server issue, so I moved it to one I know works and it's still messed up. Basically when I have the DMS editor on it looks fine, when I turn the editor off everything looks wrong and I can't re-activate the editor unless I change the theme, then re-activate the DMS theme. Any ideas why this is happening?

• KimAnn03
      By KimAnn03
      Hello-
      I was having trouble using the wordpress editor- getting a white screen when updating posts, and therefore edits were not saving. so I read all the threads and saw that I needed to upgrade to DMS 2.1.9.9. I did this, but i am still having the same issue.
      Restarted my browser.
      Deactivated plugins.
      Still happening- white screen upon updating posts. It goes to this URL when I hit update: http://www.thecosmicpath.com/wp-admin/post.php
      instead of this page: http://www.thecosmicpath.com/wp-admin/post.php?post=50784&action=edit

Site: http://www.thecosmicpath.com
      wp 4.3
      DMS 2.1.9.9
      Please advise and thanks-
      Kim, webmaster for thecosmicpath.com

***Wanted to add an update to this. I have a development site with all the same credentials. And the issue is not occuring on the dev site. Could this be a cache thing? I cleared broser caches and restarted but that didn't work.....
    • ricard.beltran@cfar.se
      By ricard.beltran@cfar.se+
      I've the dms free version from wp and I don't mange to upload no files. I've try to change the logo and to upload jpg-files as background of the sections, but when I reload the page every thing is gone! How can I solve this? See attachment