Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

alisamski

Feature Image not showing when sharing to Facebook

alisamski+    8
alisamski

Having issues when sharing a blog post to facebook. The feature image does not show up when about to share. Happening on two sites. Here is one:

http://bit.ly/1dbuO3z

Used to be able to select an image if there were multiples.

Please advise.

James B    436
James B

Hi there, if you put the url into the Facebook debugger - https://developers.facebook.com/tools/debug you should be able to see all the images the share link is trying to pull and select/correct.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

alisamski+    8
alisamski

Did that... and it does not pull up my feature image at all... which is

giv-2.jpg
January 15, 2014
2048 × 1152

HOld on...

All in One SEO Pack... now wants you to select inside the editor which one to use.. hmmm
never did that before...

alisamski+    8
alisamski

Disabled the Social Media module inside the SEO pack... and still no feature...

so I deactivated the SEO pack plugin... and still no feature..

James B    436
James B

If the seo plugin wants you to select the image can't you do it through there? Are you using jetpack for the standard open graph setup?

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

alisamski+    8
alisamski

I did the selection above thru the SEO... and the feature imgae did not show up... and did not show up inside of the facebook debug.

I checked that it is indeed attached to the post.

Not using Jetpack... should I be?

Using the social SEO extension with All In One SEO Pack is just another step for a client...

Personally I think its just too much/overkill to have EXTRA title, description, caption and feature picture in EVERY post to have to put in

in order to share onto social sites...

I've always went to the full post and selected FB... click and post onto a FB page/profile. Voila! and that is how I usually show the client to do.

Please advise.

alisamski+    8
alisamski

So... I've checked another DMS site that uses version DMS 1.1.2 . and there is no issue with the feature images sharing to facebook.

and Facebook can see the feature image in the debug panel...

I have two sites using DMS 1.1.4 shows feature image inside website... but NOT sharing with Facebook... and FB debug does not see it.

Please advise again.

Danny    1,327
Danny

If sharing to Facebook works on one and not another, then the likely issue is something you have added to your site, be it custom code, scripts or plugins. To resolve the issue, you're going to need to disable all active plugins and remove all custom scripts, hooks and CSS/LESS, then see if this resolves your issue.

Please search our forums, before posting!

alisamski+    8
alisamski

OK.. found the culprit... it is the Pagelines Pro Tools Plugin...

When I activate it... facebook does not see the feature images...

when I deactivate it... facebook does see the feature images...

I disabled the CSS checkbox and Lazy Load and everything is works.

I have section cache checked and search.

FYI... the other site that is working with DMS 1.1.2  installed does not have Pagelines Pro Tools installed.

Danny    1,327
Danny

Can you enable CSS and see if the thumbnail is still shared, as it we need to find the culprit, it could well be LazyLoad.

Please search our forums, before posting!

alisamski+    8
alisamski

I believe it is still being shared...

From toggling back n forth with chrome and firefox... (firefox does not refresh cache as fast)... so it was tough going back n forth to see what was happening..

I have css checked... now..

FB seems to be seeing it.

• Similar Content

• MissT
      By MissT+
      Regarding the 'global option' mentioned by Simon in this previous post (to turn off the facebook opengraph data if you are using another plugin that provides it) ...where is this option? I don't seem to be able to find it.
      Many thanks in advance.

• TallTree
      By TallTree+
      Hi,
      I am trying to remove the sidebar areas from my child theme (pagelines.com) from the post pages on a site:
      https://staging4.talltreemusicfestival.com/2017/grand-analog/
      The content is all the way to the left and very small, and the two sidebar areas are taking up a lot of space.
      What I'm after is content to the left, taking up most of the space, and then a small sidebar width on the right for widgets.
      I've tried selecting 'read width content' and 'full width content' in the edit screen for the WP content section, but it doesn't change.  If I try to move the sidebars (1 or 2) to the left, it doesn't change.
      If I select the pagelines framework theme (not child), the two sidebars go away when not selecting them in the edit screen..
      Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong?
      Thanks in advance.
      -Matt

• JudithKlinger
      By JudithKlinger+
      I'm sure this is just user fatigue...but where is the setting to delete the Facebook button in the Splash section of Teamwork? You'd think it would be in the Splash area, but it seems
      to be hiding elsewhere!  You can barely see it... I didn't even notice it until I changed the image. 

• Queue-it
      By Queue-it+
      I've created a new post category "Success stories" with Custom Post type UI. (in order to have a different layout for a different post category - blog post one layout, success stories another layout).
      New category "success stories" are "detached" from all the other posts, so they have a different layout, but the problem is that all of the success stories are also having the same exact content.
      So whenever I edit content (e.g. change body text) on one of success story posts, it also changes the content (body text) for all other Success story category posts. 

Question: Is there a way to retain this separate category with it's own layout, and have a different content for each individual post? I'm using Pagelins templates. 
       Thanks in advance.
    • Queue-it
      By Queue-it+
      Hi,
      Is is possible to have different layouts for different Post categories? We have Blog posts, News posts and Case studies that all are posts, but is it possible to differentiate their layouts?
      So far when I change a post layout it affects all Post type pages. Could it be done somehow with creating a separate template? 
      Examples below
      https://queue-it.com/news/
      https://queue-it.com/blog/