Sign in to follow this  
hcheaumstudiocom

nav bar - no link question

hcheaumstudiocom

Hi there, I was hoping someone in the community could help me. I would like to know if it is possible to have a parent page on the nav bar not link to a page? I have a parent page there solely for its child pages. I have tried the plugin links-to-page but this isn't really want I am looking for. I don't want the parent page to be clickable at all. Any thoughts? Oh and if it helps - I am in platform pro. Thanks in advance!!

catrina

To clarify: you'd like the parent page to just be plain text while the child pages still show up in a dropdown menu?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

hcheaumstudiocom

Hi Catrina, yes, that is exactly what I would like. Thanks in advance for your help on this!

hcheaumstudiocom

just bumping this up so it doesn't fall off the page.

cmunns

I would create the menu using WP nav menu system. Then you can create a custom link as the parent page that doesn't link to anything.

hcheaumstudiocom

I looked into the WP nav menu system and haven't been able to get it to do what I need. Any suggestions of other resources to look at to figure this out?

hcheaumstudiocom

Got it. Not sure why this works now, because it didn't when I tried awhile ago - but for anyone that may need the answer, here is what I did: WP Menu Custom Menu Label = your page name URL = #fakelink That should work!

johnchandler

Good idea! I found I needed this too and it works fine. I've also found that once you have got the "#fakelink" menu item set up, then you can subsequently edit the menu item and blank out the "#fakelink". Then "#fakelink" would not show in the URLs in the status bar at the bottom or when clicking "Open in new tab".