Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Solved "jQuery is not defined" problems for accordion plugin

2 posts in this topic

I was having problems with an accordion plugin when I tried to view on a tablet or smartphone.  It would show fine on a desktop but would not come up on the smaller screens and a Google map that was loaded below it by another plugin also would not show.

I checked in Firebug and was seeing "jQuery is not defined" errors but couldn't see where they were coming from.

After a lot of checking I found that the problem was caused by a setting in the PageLines Pro Plugin.  I had marked the box for Section Caching to be enabled and when I unchecked that and saved the settings, both the accordion and the Google map showed up on the tablet and smartphone.

Thought this might be helpful to someone else so that's why I'm posting.

1 person likes this

Thank you very much for posting the solution, this will definitely help other users in future.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• [Solved] DMS 2 theme not saving changes after publishing, keep getting errors
      By leeresources+
      I keep getting this error :
      Uncaught TypeError: Cannot use 'in' operator to search for 'length' in                                                  jquery.js?ver=1.11.3:2
      r                                  @ jquery.js?ver=1.11.3:2 m.extend.each            @ jquery.js?ver=1.11.3:2 (anonymous function) @ pl.optpanel.js?ver=7ab9c7:283 m.extend.each            @ jquery.js?ver=1.11.3:2 (anonymous function) @ pl.optpanel.js?ver=7ab9c7:282 m.event.dispatch         @ jquery.js?ver=1.11.3:4 m.event.add.r.handle  @ jquery.js?ver=1.11.3:4  
      I have looked at a lot of resolved issues on these forums and nothing has been able to work.
      My changes are not saved after i hit publish and refresh, all the changes I've made disappear. 
      Also i am not able to add backgrounds or any images to the entire site, Rivslider, Quickslider, etc.
    • jQuery Not Loading in Hooker Plugin
      By ipitts+
      To whom it may concern:
      I am developing a website for a client using the PageLines DMS2 theme and am having an issue getting a custom jQuery function to work using your Hooker plugin. I have used Hooker to add HTML and PHP to the wp_head hook successfully, so I do not understand where the issue exists – I am using the pageslines_after_footer hook to place my jQuery at the bottom of the document (alongside the many other scripts that come with the theme and various other plugins). I checked the document HEAD section and know that jQuery is enabled, and after enabling my custom hook saw that my script was loaded into the footer (as hoped for), but it is not working.
      I am trying to make a simple, custom back-to-top button that appears after a user has scrolled the page a certain distance, as calculated in jQuery. After an hour, I decided to troubleshoot my script on a test WordPress site on my localhost (using jQuery version 1.11.3) and it works exactly as intended. I would like to avoid writing any code within the DMS2 theme files if possible.
      I have also tried the wp_head, wp_footer and pagelines_before_footer hooks to no avail. Am I using the wrong hook(s)? What else can I try?
      My code:
      <a href="#"><div id="bttb-cont" style="">Hello</div></a>
      jQuery (within the Hooker plugin)
      <script type="text/javascript">
                      $(document).scroll(function() {
                                      var windowHeight = $(window).height() / 7;
                                      var scroll = $(window).scrollTop();
                                      if (scroll > windowHeight) {
                                      } else {
      As you can see, it is a very simple script.. Any help on this matter will be greatly appreciated.
    • Move jQuery to footer
      By ivobe
      Is it possible to move jQuery scripts that are loaded on http://sap-certification.infoto the footer? Will it break down Pagelines DMS? I am just trying to optimize my score on Pagespeed test from Google.
    • Custom jQuery
      By afrankadvice
      I've got a form where the user can select max 3 checkboxes. My setup is like this below. I've added the jQuery script to the custom script area. But for some reason I can select all checkboxes. Can anyone help me?
      <div id="bla">     <p>         Checkbox 1: <input type="checkbox" name="checkme[]" value="1" />     </p>     <p>         Checkbox 2: <input type="checkbox" name="checkme[]" value="2" />     </p>     <p>         Checkbox 3: <input type="checkbox" name="checkme[]" value="3" />     </p>     <p>         Checkbox 4: <input type="checkbox" name="checkme[]" value="4" />     </p>     <p>         Checkbox 5: <input type="checkbox" name="checkme[]" value="5" />     </p>     <p>         Checkbox 6: <input type="checkbox" name="checkme[]" value="6" />     </p>     <p>         Checkbox 7: <input type="checkbox" name="checkme[]" value="7" />     </p>     <p>         Checkbox 8: <input type="checkbox" name="checkme[]" value="8" />     </p> </div>   jQuery   <script> jQuery(document).jQuery(function() { $("#bla :checkbox").click(function() {     if($("#bla :checkbox:checked").length >= 3) {         $("#bla :checkbox:not(:checked)").attr("disabled", "disabled");     } else {         $("#bla :checkbox").attr("disabled", "");     } }) }); </script>
    • FitText.js
      By MobileParity+
      I am pretty good with CSS and using DevTools to target the changes that I want however I am terrible when using jQuery. I am trying to use the FitText.js plugin to resize my Masthead Titles when the screen is resized. I have followed a brief tutorial however it seems I am not adding the script to the correct area. I have tried the Custom Code section for header scripts. I have tried adding the code the wp-header via Hooker and still nothing.
      Framework Version:DMS 2
      WordPress Version: 4+
      Plugins in Use:
      Details: Code i am using is below:
      <script src="jquery.fittext.js"></script>
      <script> $(document).ready(function() {   //from   //CHANGE the jQuery selectors using your Canvas Area's Section ID     //Adding FitText Min/Max font size to Landing Page Masthead   $("#mastheadusrim9x h1.masthead-title").fitText(1, { minFontSize: '50px', maxFontSize: '160px' }); })   (function( $ ){     $.fn.fitText = function( kompressor, options ) {       // Setup options     var compressor = kompressor || 1,         settings = $.extend({           'minFontSize' : Number.NEGATIVE_INFINITY,           'maxFontSize' : Number.POSITIVE_INFINITY         }, options);       return this.each(function(){         // Store the object       var $this = $(this);         // Resizer() resizes items based on the object width divided by the compressor * 10       var resizer = function () {         $this.css('font-size', Math.max(Math.min($this.width() / (compressor*10), parseFloat(settings.maxFontSize)), parseFloat(settings.minFontSize)));       };         // Call once to set.       resizer();         // Call on resize. Opera debounces their resize by default.       $(window).on('resize.fittext orientationchange.fittext', resizer);       });     };   })( jQuery );   </script>