Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

welcome

Upgrade to DMS from Pagelines, but Framework V2 is gone

welcome

Hi,

I have been preparing to upgrade my site and have read all the documentation, but to my surprise I saw a thread that said Framework V2 was removed.

My question is what steps do I need to take in order to upgrade my site from Pagelines?  Is there something in lieu of Framework V2?

I am planning on activating a Maintenance Mode Plugin while I do the work.

Thanks

James B

Hi there, the Framework is still working but we no longer sell it through PageLines.com. The new PageLines DMS system is the next step up from the Framework. If you're upgrading the Framework to DMS you can follow the steps here - http://docs.pagelines.com/getting-started/upgrading-migration

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

welcome

Thanks, but this is not there.  So what do I do?

DMS Toolbar → Global Options ↠ Advanced → Framework V2 Upgrade.

welcome

I would like to make the switch this morning.

Can you please let me know if there are any special steps to migrating from Pagelines (i've read the documentation) The compatibility option Framework V2 isn't there.

Do i just activate DMS and rebuild?

Thanks

James B

Hi there,

Ah I see what you mean now. The Framework compatibility option was removed in the last update, I'll contact the docs team to have that line amended.

To upgrade to DMS from now on you'll need to download the zip file from www.pagelines.com/my-account and activate as the main theme on your site. There's no automatic upgrade path unfortunately for the sections/features in the Framework to DMS, your pages/posts will remain the same, but you'll need to recreate the layout using the new features and sections available in DMS.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B