Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

barkingsheltie

Problems exporting DMS json file

barkingsheltie

Hi,

Long time no see. Captured by the abdominal snowman - e.g., not the happy character from Xmas lore, but the one that taunts you to do sit-ups after eating too much during holidays.

Im using server press desktopserver for development. Much faster of course, and I like that it provides for Dreamweaver support - I have to build some custom databases. 

Test site worked well - setup DMS site on my web host, exported both WP and DMS, & successfully imported into dev site using desktopserver. Test site had only a few posts, couple pages, and no custom templates. 

Now, the main site I've been playing with using DMS has little more content - formidable forms, table press tables, etc. 

When I export through DMS, generate the following error. 

http://www.screencast.com/t/gJtOTIAR2

Unchecking all of the templates does not help. 

No webpage was found for the web address: http://picotools.com/picowp/?pl_exp&export_global=1&templates=default&export_types=1
Error code: ERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool"
Richard P. Feynman

James B

Hi there, someone else had this error previously and it was a google chrome extension causing it. Do you have any extentions to chrome installed? If so try disabling them temporarily to see if the file download resolves.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

barkingsheltie

Thanks James B,

Turned off all extensions. No go. 

For now, ok, as Im developing on virtual server. Seems to export (so far) from this instance.

Any other ideas?

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool"
Richard P. Feynman

micstepl

Hi 

Hi there, someone else had this error previously and it was a google chrome extension causing it. Do you have any extentions to chrome installed? If so try disabling them temporarily to see if the file download resolves.

Hi James,

I do have the same issue, getting the ERROR !!!

I also disabled all Extensions in Chrome -> same result :(

Maybe it has to do with the fact, that I changed the WP-location

- having (leaving) WP & DMS in a sub directory

- chagign the WP URL to point to the root directory

(bering a norma WP habit to to)

I would need urgent help to be on the save side & able to back-Up

Furhtermor I do need that for the development of a customer site!

br

,Michael

barkingsheltie

Hi 

Hi James,

I do have the same issue, getting the ERROR !!!

I also disabled all Extensions in Chrome -> same result :(

Maybe it has to do with the fact, that I changed the WP-location

- having (leaving) WP & DMS in a sub directory

- chagign the WP URL to point to the root directory

(bering a norma WP habit to to)

I would need urgent help to be on the save side & able to back-Up

Furhtermor I do need that for the development of a customer site!

br

,Michael

This too, is my situation - WP and DMS in sub. 

My testing servers have no issue exporting - but then they are not in sub directories. 

Richard P. Feynman

micstepl
another comment to my prev. Post - after I changed the WP site URL - in PL everything worked - EXCEPT ... all of PL images defined in sections, are broken (pointed obviously to the old media library) In my opinion PL does not reference to the WP site settings in sone areas / obviously a reference bug in some areas - maybe also for the EXPORT function? Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Danny

Hi,

When you're both referring to "Sub" are you meaning a subdomain ? If so, can you provide links to your sites and enable DMS debug mode please - DMS Toolbar > Settings > Advanced.

@

In regards to your images, make sure that your images have the following in the URL field - [pl_site_url] This appears by default, so if you have moved site/domain etc.. that is the reason for it. Therefore its likely you don't have this in place.

For example - http://d.pr/i/OAWe

If they don't, this is the cause of your issue, replace whatever you have before the /wp-content/ and this should resolve your issue.

Please search our forums, before posting!

micstepl

Hi,

When you're both referring to "Sub" are you meaning a subdomain ? If so, can you provide links to your sites and enable DMS debug mode please - DMS Toolbar > Settings > Advanced.

@

In regards to your images, make sure that your images have the following in the URL field - [pl_site_url] This appears by default, so if you have moved site/domain etc.. that is the reason for it. Therefore its likely you don't have this in place.

For example - http://d.pr/i/OAWe

If they don't, this is the cause of your issue, replace whatever you have before the /wp-content/ and this should resolve your issue.

Danny,

thx for your quick reply! I really appreciate your support (always!) :)

@ SUB

• when I refer to "SUB"
    • I refer to a SUB DIRECTORY, where my WP+DMS is installed
  • my site details are:  

@ Images

• your recommendation is what I did - it works now
  • just wanted to give this issue as a possible Indikation for the main issue (EXPORT)

br

,Michael

Danny

barkingsheltie - Have you tried exported with all plugins disabled ? Also, seeing as your site is locally hosted, can you enable pl debug mode and then copy the contents to your topic please.

micstepl - Was the [pl_site_url] code present on the site you were exporting from ? As it should be by default ? Also from looking at your debug info, was your Wordpress installed in a subdomain or a subdirectory ?

micstepl

barkingsheltie - Have you tried exported with all plugins disabled ? Also, seeing as your site is locally hosted, can you enable pl debug mode and then copy the contents to your topic please.

micstepl - Was the [pl_site_url] code present on the site you were exporting from ? As it should be by default ? Also from looking at your debug info, was your Wordpress installed in a subdomain or a subdirectory ?

Danny,

I was not exporting!!!!

Again - what my starting point was

• installed WP from the start in a Sub-Directory:   stmconsult.net/xxx/yyy/...."  (XX & YY are here placeholders to show)
  • had the PL DMS from the beginning installed in:  stmconsult.net/xxx/yyy/wp-content/themes/dms/
  • I am using from the beginning a shild theme installed at:  stmconsult.net/xxx/yyy/wp-content/themes/dms-child
  • JSON exporting worked in this environment

before going online I change the WB directory listig 

• in WP admin > Settings > General
  • LEFT the WP URL as the Installation directory above always said:   stmconsult.net/xxx/yyy/
  • CHANGED the site URL:   form  ... stmconsult.net/xxx/yyy/   ... to ...   stmconsult.net/
  • PROBLEM occoured:
    • JSON with EXPORT (the Error Message in Detail below ***
    • [pl_site_url] in Section images ... was present (but Don´t remember the link details any more= for all broken images

Fehlercode: ERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND 

Danny

I am sorry, but you have me confused now. So you have commented on a topic regarding an issue from exporting, but your issue isn't from exporting ?

If you're saying that your issue is caused by changing the Wordpress site URL and/or address, then what was your exact error and also why do you have your Wordpress installed in two subdirectories?

micstepl

I am sorry, but you have me confused now. So you have commented on a topic regarding an issue from exporting, but your issue isn't from exporting ?

If you're saying that your issue is caused by changing the Wordpress site URL and/or address, then what was your exact error and also why do you have your Wordpress installed in two subdirectories?

YES, I have the PROBLEM WITH EXPORTING to JSON !!!!

(above I am just telling you the history and indicatory which may have lead to that situation)

WHY not in SUB Directories?

(Wordpress is recommending this due to security reasons)

Danny

OK, firstly please stop using caps, I am not deaf.

You said above, that you were not exporting - http://d.pr/i/dbKQ

Now you're saying you're exporting ?

So can you provide a link to your website and email our helpdesk your admin username and password along with a link to this topic.

hello at pagelines dot com

Also, can you please provide a link as to where Wordpress recommends installing Wordpress in a subdirectory and also why do you have your Wordpress installed in two sub directories ?

micstepl

OK, firstly please stop using caps, I am not deaf.

You said above, that you were not exporting - http://d.pr/i/dbKQ

Now you're saying you're exporting ?

So can you provide a link to your website and email our helpdesk your admin username and password along with a link to this topic.

hello at pagelines dot com

Also, can you please provide a link as to where Wordpress recommends installing Wordpress in a subdirectory and also why do you have your Wordpress installed in two sub directories ?

@exporting - answering your question lately

• I thought that you meant - that I was exporting themy Wordpress site
  • which was not the case 

What I always menantbut my issue is with Exporting form DMS the JSON file. 

my installations - the why

(it´s a normal WP feature to work with site-URL & URL)

The WP admin - is it really necessay? and what  link to the topic? You won´t see anything now - itßs just the JSON export which is part of DMS cade, isn´t it?

Danny

OK, firstly that book isn't created by Wordpress themselves and no where does it say on the Wordpress Codex, that they recommend installing Wordpress in a subdomain or subdirectory. All the Codex suggests is how to do so, if you do not want your root cluttered. It doesn't mention anything about security.

Now in regards to your issue, so you want to export the JSON file and when you do you receive an error, is that correct ?

Can you provide a screenshot of the error message/issue.

Have you tried disabling all active plugins, removing all custom code/scripts and then exporting again ?

Can you contact your web host provider and ask them to update your servers PHP to 5.4 or greater (5.5 would be best).

Contact our helpdesk and provide them with a link a link to this topic, as well as a link to your website and admin username/password. So they can take a closer look.

micstepl

OK, firstly that book isn't created by Wordpress themselves and no where does it say on the Wordpress Codex, that they recommend installing Wordpress in a subdomain or subdirectory. All the Codex suggests is how to do so, if you do not want your root cluttered. It doesn't mention anything about security.

Now in regards to your issue, so you want to export the JSON file and when you do you receive an error, is that correct ?

Can you provide a screenshot of the error message/issue.

Have you tried disabling all active plugins, removing all custom code/scripts and then exporting again ?

Can you contact your web host provider and ask them to update your servers PHP to 5.4 or greater (5.5 would be best).

Contact our helpdesk and provide them with a link a link to this topic, as well as a link to your website and admin username/password. So they can take a closer look.

Danny,

thanks for your reply.

@ directoy

I have found nowhere in Pagelines documentation the exclusion of standard wordpress functionality with sub-directory install.

@message

already mentioned, but still the screenshot

JSON%20export.png

@ error search

disabling all custom code & pluging, did not change the JSON exprot situation

,Michael

James B

I'll email our developer and ask if he knows what this could be happening. From what I've looked up online generally about other people who have this issue outside of DMS it seems that if in a local setup like mamp and the file isn't in the same directory it throws a 403 and blocks it. Something called the same-origin policy restriction.

This link seems to explain it better, http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5299674/accessing-json-service-from-localhost-or-file I know they're talking about accessing a json file but I would imagine to export it the system has to access it first so the same rule applies.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

barkingsheltie

James,

Before I finish developing my site on local test server, should I change the instal on live site? That is, reinstall WP in main directory and abandon all this sub-directory stuff?

I have some subdomains on my personal site that I considered using DMS for too - here designing live isn't a deal-breaker - though its so much faster and convenient to use testing server. 

Richard P. Feynman

micstepl
@James

could you please deliver a solution to exporting the JSOn, or an alternative solution to retrieve the backUp files,

thanks in advance
,Michael

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

James B

Hi there, I heard back from the developer the other day and wrote a response to this thread so I'm not sure what happened there but it doesn't seem to have saved :-( Sorry.

Ok developer said this will be down to mod-security which is a server wide setting and causing the 404/block for the json file. You can get the host to disable mod security on your setup, or if working locally can disable via the htaccess. Example of the code can be found in this thread http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=888019

James B

micstepl

Hi James,

what I did today:

1. I let my provider scale memory up form 64 to 110  >>> site worin now a bit quicker
  2. I followed your recommendation in regards ot JSON *** >>> but no change to Export, same Error
  3. my ADMIN details are at your office (so you can have a look into)

.htaccess looks like that now, correct? (xxx/yyy/) stans for my 2 sub-direcotries.

# BEGIN WordPress
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /xxx/yyy/
RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule . /yyy/yyy/index.php [L]
</IfModule>

<IfModule mod_security.c>
SecFilterEngine Off
SecFilterScanPOST Off
</IfModule>

# END WordPress

Simon

What is the error code in the server logs? Is a 404,500,403 or 406?

Most if not all hosts will disable mod_security in htaccess, i will be extremely surprised if yours has that enabled.

micstepl
What server logs? Where can I find that? at the provider(... There I could not find any errors)?

micstepl
I am also surprised that I cannot find any requirement specification for DMS in terms of memory ...?

Simon

You are getting a file not found for the export url, that has nothing to do with server memory.

Can you PM me an admin login and i'll see what the issue is with exporting.