Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ketri

The finnish language-file (fi_FI.po/fi_FI.mo) seems to have the wrong name

ketri    7
ketri

After several tests the translations only start working if the file has a name fi.mo, and won't work if the filename is fi_FI.mo

It's also possible that I'm missing something here. But indeed in the wp-config.php the line to set the language to Finnish is just

define ('WPLANG', 'fi');

Simon    247
Simon
The filename must match whatever WPLANG is set to.

ketri    7
ketri

The filename must match whatever WPLANG is set to.

I see. And both 

define ('WPLANG', 'fi'); and define ('WPLANG', 'fi_FI'); are probably correct?

I think it could be a good idea to change what's there by default, as the official Finnish WordPress -version has 
define ('WPLANG', 'fi'); in the wp-config.php and the information requred to get this work was really hard to come by (trial and error for hours) :) 

Thank you for your reply.

• Similar Content

• DonRicardoRVM
      By DonRicardoRVM+
      I need to translate the quickshop plugin to spanish, but I can´t do it. I edit the pot file, and compile the spanish translation in es_ES.mo and es_ES.po, bu it doesn´t works.
      Pleasu, could somebody help me?
    • Kedark
      By Kedark+
      Hello, when you update the DMS to the latest version 2.2.4, unfortunately, does not work translation theme. Has anyone encountered this? It looks as if the file with the translation was not read .. everything is in the original language. (Wordpress is also updated to the latest version)
      Help....
      RKA
    • John Olsson
      By John Olsson+
      What's the best way to have multilingual in pl5, any plugin that stands out from the rest and is logical for the pl5-workflow?
    • Audun MB
      By Audun MB+
      Are there any instructions for this? Seems like the plugin use standard .mo/.po for translation, but how do I prevent my language file from being overwritten with updates?
      Support for different number and currency formats in sections is also missing. For me this is an issue with Boxes. I can't use the counter with the current format (thousands separator), it looks really odd in Norwegian (and a lot of other languages). 

• Audun MB
      By Audun MB+
      I updated to the lates version of DMS2 (from 2.1.9.8 to 2.1.9.9), and suddenly my site is yet again in English?