Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

motionltd

Nav Bar Simplified

motionltd

Hi guys. I want to have just a text nab with drop downs. No box around it or background colour. I've managed to remove the bg colour, but I can't remove the shadowed border around the NavBar. Whats the best way to have a simple white nab with drop down please?

Ben

motionltd.com

Ryan Logan

Waiting on an answer for this myself.  You were able to remove the background color, on the drop downs?  If so, would you mind sharing what you did?

motionltd

Hi rlogan, of course. Not sure if this is the best way to do it but I used this custom code:

#site .section-navbar .navbar {background: none;} 

Then selected the light grey theme in the NavBar settings. This so far has given me a white nab bar and white drop downs. Just want to remove the borders now.

Ben

motionltd.com

James B

Hi there, the shadow comes from the box-shadow command. Set this to none to remove the border.

.navbar {
    box-shadow: none;
}

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

motionltd

Thanks James. That worked for me. Although it still leaves a line with slight curved edges at the ends, on top of the NavBar. Which I actually quite like and might just keep it. But if I wanted to remove it, any suggestions? I tried:

border-top: none; after your shadow code but it didn't work.

Ben

motionltd.com

James B

Hi there, you're correct it is border-top for that but its assigned to another element, the line is applied to the class for the .pl-color-black/blue etc. Try the below but make sure you use the color which relates to the nav you're using.

.navbar.pl-color-black-trans {
    border-top: none;
}

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

motionltd

Great. Thanks James. 

Ben

motionltd.com

Danny

Thanks for informing us the issue has been resolved.

Please search our forums, before posting!