Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lisa Haran

Is DMS too complex for a simple site

Lisa Haran

hey,

I am putting together a very very simple site for a new client.

As I always use pagelines and now DMS I'm wondering is it too complex for a basic 3 page site.

Dummy here http://www.conservationtech.ie/

My only concern I suppose with using DMS is using the feature option for the slider as there so way of making the height smaller, and with a site like this, the slideshow needs to be smaller than the feature on DMS.

What do you think?

James B

Hi there

You'll be able to create a site like the one linked in DMS, you might need to use some css to style the navbar to as in your dmmy design and add shadow under your content-area etc.

To edit the slider you can adjust the height and width of the Revslider using Css. Try the code snippet below on your site and tweak the value till you find the right fit for you site.

.revslider-container {
    margin: 0 auto;
    max-height: 280px !important;
    width: 80% !important;
}

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

Lisa Haran

Ok thanks James,

From experience trying to scale the feature in pagelines framework it didn't work.

hoepfully its easier now in DMS.

Thanks

James B

You're welcome, let us know how you get on

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B