Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cfbb

use changes from chrome dev

cfbb

Hi, totally new in this whole thing.

How can I save changes I make in the chrome dev tool (e.g. padding, etc.) to the site?

Thanks for helping!

Ronny

James B

Hi Ronny

Any changes you make within Chrome Dev tools you'll need to copy/paste into the custom css/less panel inside the DMS editor and save. The system doesn't have an option to import then into the css/less panel automatically unfortunately.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

cfbb

Hi James,

thx for you reply. So what I tried is:

1. change sth in the dev tool

2. copy the code of the styles.css to the ccs/less panel

But then when I publish it the changes don't appear. 

Can you give me a hint what I'm doing wrong?

James B

Hi there, when you have the code displaying how you'd like it inside the chrome editor, simply copy paste that back into the css/LESS editor, you won't need to copy any additional code from a style.css etc. Click within the editor so you can see the spinning saving icon in the top right, once it's finished saving you can publish etc. I've recorded a screencast to show the process below.

http://screencast.com/t/iXcbgHYe

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B