Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

paul_t

Sometimes you can't drop!

paul_t

First noticed this on a Twitter Section. Went to move it and I got the shuffling blue drop areas  - let go of the mouse and nothing!  - the interfaces glitches out and gets stuck in that state. Only option was to reload the page, loosing any previous edits.

James B

Hi there,

I've been unable to replicate this, I've had the editor freeze on me previously but if I click the mouse it usually drops somewhere on the page and then I can reposition to the desired area. What is the twitter section you're currently using? Is this one of the items from the PageLines store?

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

paul_t

Yes its the twitter section  - Twitter all in one DMS

Definitely not a one off.

I've had the odd time where I couldn't drop columns etc in a particular area (anything at the bottom of the footer is a pain, thats for another report), but this just locks the whole editor in the drag hover state, can't escape or cancel. Reloading the only option.

Danny

So if this happening with that section or is it happening to other sections specifically core DMS sections ?

Please search our forums, before posting!

paul_t

RE editor getting stuck - to early to tell I'm afraid. If it happens again I'll make notes. First time, was a case of  - ah - how do I get out of this. Second confirmed the issue and prompted a post here.

As for the undroppable sections  - especially at the foot of the page - that was all sections.

Danny

paul_t - Can you record the issue so we can see it first hand, you can use Jing or similar application.

Please search our forums, before posting!

paul_t

Haven't used Jing before - but will take a look if I get time.