Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Frederic

site sometimes not opening

Frederic

Hi there,

I am consistently bumping into an issue on opening the site

It gets stuck at 'sending request ...' after i click from chrome home page.

It happens again and again and I need to close everything, wait a bit and re-open.

Sometimes I need to switch off modem before it comes back ...

It is probably not a host/server issue as i have another site with the same host and it responds and loads ok.

There is no cache plugin and only one back up plugin de-activated.

Any idea what to do?

Thanks in anticipation

James B

Hi Fredric

So you mean accessing the site from the google home screen page? Looking at the site in pingdom it doesn't have a bad response time, it's showing as loading within 5 seconds. I've just clicked on the two links above and they've loaded straight away. Can you videocast the problem using something like jing - so we can see exactly where the problem is occurring.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

Frederic

Good morning James,

Thanks for replying.

Yes, accessing the site from the google home screen page is what I mean.

It has been a bit of nightmare since some time - and an extraordinary opportunity to practice patience! 

I can't really send you a video cast - connection is not very good (to say the least) in the mountains of rajasthan ...

Can we try with a description of the symptoms?

First openings are usually fine until things seem to get jammed.

All other sites are doing fine but the two sites where dms is open are not opening or, taking ages to do.

It either gets stuck on 'sending request ...'

Or it passes that first step but remains for ages on 'waiting for seed.uni.com...' and sometimes ends in 'web page not available' or '502 bad gateway'

Usually, i just need to close the tabs for 5mn and they are back. If i close for few seconds, it doesn't happen ...

Sometimes, i need to close Chrome and modem and restart everything.

Switching modem off/on doesn't make a huge difference.

Danny

If you're experiencing problems with your sites performance, then the first thing you should do is not use shared hosting. Shared hosting is poor universally in terms of performance, some host may be better than others, but the general consensus is shared hosting is poor and isn't an ideal environment for dynamic websites.

For example the seeduni.com domain has 602 other websites on the same server, all using the same server resources - http://d.pr/i/h1Pv
Your other domain has 603 other domains on the same server - http://d.pr/i/LYFa

There are ways you can improve this by using a CDN such as MaxCDN, cache plugins and so forth. However, all you're really doing is masking the problem, you should in my opinion especially if you're worried about your sites performance, move to a different host/package. We recommend FlyWheel, if you want more control you should probably invest in a VPS or Ded box you can use Digital Ocean or Linode for VPSs.

This isn't probably what you wanted to hear, but I have to be honest. I have used Shared Hosting in the past and though this is cool, it's so cheap and I get unlimited everything such as databases, space and bandwidth. However, this isn't the case, if your site was to use vast amounts of hard drive space or receive high traffic, your host will be contacting you asking you to move to a more appropriate package/plan.

Please search our forums, before posting!

Frederic

Thanks Danny,

Yes, i understand. Flywheel looks very attractive indeed!